Mahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (M&M) announced that effective January 1, 2019, it will increase the price of the Mahindra Marazzo MPV by Rs 30,000 to Rs 40,000. The company states that the prices for the Marazzo announced at its launch in September were introductory and hence would be revised. Veejay Ram Nakra, chief of sales and marketing automotive division, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd said, "As mentioned at the launch, the price of Marazzo was an introductory one. Effective January 1st, 2019, we will be taking a price hike on the Marazzo, after a reasonable period of 4 months from its launch."
Only last month, Mahindra had announced that it has received over 10,000 bookings for the Marazzo in a month since the launch of the MPV. Pricing for the Marazzo begins from Rs 9.99 lakh ex-showroom (pan-India) for the base M2 variant and goes up to Rs 13.90 lakh ex-showroom for the top of the line M8 variant.
The car sits on an all-new ladder-frame chassis which allows the engine to be placed transversely, a unique feature. The engine and gearbox combination is new as well. The 1.5-litre four cylinder diesel engine offers 122PS and 300Nm of torque, and is mated to a 5-speed gearbox. ARAI certified fuel efficiency for the Marazzo stands at 17.6kmpl. An Eco mode is also available for the engine which drops power to 100PS.
The Marazzo gets a host of thoughtful features that have possibly contributed to its popularity. The roof-mounted air-conditioner, a 7.25-inch infotainment system with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay and rear sun shades are some unique features. The styling too is attractive and quite mature. It competes with the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Renault Lodgy in India.
The Marazzo has been co-designed by the Mahindra Design Studio and the legendary Italian design house, Pininfarina. It has been engineered in collaboration with the Mahindra North America Technical Centre and the Mahindra Research Valley, Chennai, making the Marazzo a globally engineered product.
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.7 Lakhs
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- News2019 Bajaj Dominar 400 could be getting new colour options as shown in the latest TVC
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip