Mahindra Marazzo petrol variant to launch in 2020, will meet BS VI norms
The newly launched Mahindra Marazzo MPV comes with a single diesel engine option, but at the recently held launch event, company officials confirmed that a petrol version is in the works. This motor will also be BS VI compliant like the diesel, so given that these new norms kick in by April 2020, a launch around that time can be expected.
The Marazzo has been a ground-up exercise for Mahindra with a new engine and chassis, so the new petrol motor will also likely be a completely new unit, unrelated to the other petrol motors being offered by the firm. We expect the engine size to be around the 1.5-litre mark.
The Mahindra Marazzo impresses on several fronts and comes across as a likeable MPV, especially given its price range of Rs 9.99 lakh to Rs 13.90 lakh
The Mahindra Marazzo is the world's first automobile to use the combination of a body on frame chassis with a front wheel drive system and a transversely mounted engine and the same has been patented by Mahindra. The Mahindra Marazzo is powered by an all-new, four-cylinder 1.5-litre diesel engine that produces 122PS and 300Nm of torque.The engine produces peak torque at 1,750rpm, but has been tuned to offer upwards of 170Nm of torque incrementally between 1,000rpm and 1,750rpm for better acceleration at low speeds.
The Mahindra Marazzo is available in four trims- M2, M4, M6 and M8. Prices start at Rs 9.99 lakh, ex-showroom, pan-India for the M2 and go up to Rs 13.90 lakh for the M8
Watch the Mahindra Marazzo video review below:
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.44 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.7 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.57 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.65 Lakhs
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like