Mahindra NuvoSport launched in India at Rs 7.35 lakh (ex-Thane)
Mahindra have launched its new NuvoSport compact SUV in India at Rs 7.35 lakh, ex-Thane. The Mahindra NuvoSport is available in six trims with an AMT option on the N6 and N8 variants. The other variants are N4, N4+ (with ABS and dual airbags), N6 and N8.
Mahindra have used the same chassis which underpins the new Scorpio and TUV300 for the NuvoSport. Mahindra says this gives it more rigidity and allows for improved dynamics. The company has also improved the styling, with the NuvoSport being a considerably better looking vehicle than the Quanto that it replaces. There are LED DRL brows over the new headlamps, a new aggressive front end, new 16-inch alloy wheels and blackened out tail lamps.
The cabin gets a tweaked version of the Quanto's dashboard and a long list of features. As is evident from our review, there is lot of space for a sub-4m car and like before, there are jump seats in the third row. This makes it one of just two cars in the category to have a seven seat arrangement, the other being the TUV300.
The aggressive face is the best looking angle on the NuvoSport
ABS with EBD and dual airbags are standard across all variants save for the base variant. An Eco/Power mode is also standard except for the AMT trims and the aircon gets an Eco mode as well.
Mahindra have used a 1.5-litre 3-cylinder turbodiesel engine in the NuvoSport. This engine makes 100PS of power and 240Nm of torque which are identical figures to the Quanto. While a 5-speed manual transmission is standard, the Mahindra NuvoSport can also be optioned with a 5-speed AMT.
Here are the Mahindra NuvoSport ex-showroom Thane prices
Click here to see our detailed image gallery.
Click here for our comprehensive first drive review
Starts Rs 7.77 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6