Mahindra Partners and Scoot Networks tie-up to give shared scooters in San Francisco
Mahindra Partners has tied up with Scoot networks, an electric scooter sharing program based in San Francisco. The Rs 6110 crore equity branch of Mahindra just closed another round of financing with Scoot Networks, along with other investors like Vision Ridge Capital. Along with the financing deal, 500 Mahindra Genzes were added to Scoot's fleet of electric vehicles.
"We are excited to partner with the terrific team at Scoot Networks to provide a sustainable solution to the growing challenges associated with urban commuting parking, congestion, and pollution. The GenZe 2.0 is designed to intelligently address these challenges by offering relevant and affordable technology," said Anand Mahindra, chairman, Mahindra Group.
The Mahindra Genze 2.0 is an electric scooter with a top speed of 48kmph and a charging time of 3.5 hours. It has a powder-coated aluminium frame with a 1.6kWh lithium-ion battery pack and a range of 48km. The scooter is surprisingly not sold in India, with a price of $2,999 (Rs 2 lakh approx).
Scoot is an affordable scooter sharing network based in San Francisco, USA. The electric vehicles used in the network are called 'Scoots' and since their speed is restricted to 48kmph, there is no need for a motorcycle license to ride them. The Scoots can be ridden around town and can be charged at multiple charging points or 'Scoot Spots' around the city. The electric scooters can be unlocked via the Scoot app or any mobile browser. Rates of the scoots start at $2 (Rs 135 approx) per half hour.
"We are proving that electric transportation can be both affordable and profitable. We now have the vehicles and resources we need to scale the business, thanks to our partnership with Mahindra and the ongoing support of our earlier investors," said Michael Keating, founder and CEO, Scoot.
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV