Mahindra Quanto prices slashed by Rs 44,000
Mahindra has announced that it will be offering a discount on its compact SUV, the Quanto.
As the SUV segment is reeling under the pressure mounted by Ford's new aggressively priced SUV, the Ford EcoSport, Mahindra has decided to offer the Quanto at a discount of Rs 44,000.
Mahindra is the latest in a string of automakers revising their prices to counter the mouth-wateringly priced Ford EcoSport
This discount, while not changing the ex-showroom price, will primarily include benefits such as free insurance (amounting to over Rs 30,000), exchange bonus of Rs 10,000 and corporate/government discount of Rs 6,000. This list may also include some freebies and other additional goodies from the dealer's end. This would effectively narrow the gap between ex-showroom and on-road prices of the Quanto by Rs 44,000. Interestingly, the company had just recently hiked prices of its models in the range of Rs 6,000-14,000.
The Quanto is powered by a new 1.5-litre mCR100 three-cylinder engine that delivers 100PS at 3750rpm and a peak torque of 250Nm over a range of 1600-2800rpm. The engine comes from the same stable as 2.2-litre four-cylinder mHawk engine. The deduction of one cylinder has been done to suit the 'compact' variant and create a differentiation.
The EcoSport was launched at Rs 5.59 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), taking the Rs 5-10 lakh compact SUV segment by storm. From a hatchback to a fully-loaded SUV like the Renault Duster, most of the cars today fall in this category and all of them have been dealt a blow by the launch.
Mahindra is also not the first to rework its pricing strategy. Recently, Nissan launched a more economically priced version of its Micra, the Micra Active, and even Chevy is offering a limited-period cut-price offer on the Beat.
The Mahindra Quanto carries price tags in the range of Rs 7.09 lakh for the base variant to Rs 8.83 lakh for the top-end.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.01 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019