Mahindra Quanto prices slashed by Rs 44,000
Mahindra has announced that it will be offering a discount on its compact SUV, the Quanto.
As the SUV segment is reeling under the pressure mounted by Ford's new aggressively priced SUV, the Ford EcoSport, Mahindra has decided to offer the Quanto at a discount of Rs 44,000.
Mahindra is the latest in a string of automakers revising their prices to counter the mouth-wateringly priced Ford EcoSport
This discount, while not changing the ex-showroom price, will primarily include benefits such as free insurance (amounting to over Rs 30,000), exchange bonus of Rs 10,000 and corporate/government discount of Rs 6,000. This list may also include some freebies and other additional goodies from the dealer's end. This would effectively narrow the gap between ex-showroom and on-road prices of the Quanto by Rs 44,000. Interestingly, the company had just recently hiked prices of its models in the range of Rs 6,000-14,000.
The Quanto is powered by a new 1.5-litre mCR100 three-cylinder engine that delivers 100PS at 3750rpm and a peak torque of 250Nm over a range of 1600-2800rpm. The engine comes from the same stable as 2.2-litre four-cylinder mHawk engine. The deduction of one cylinder has been done to suit the 'compact' variant and create a differentiation.
The EcoSport was launched at Rs 5.59 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi), taking the Rs 5-10 lakh compact SUV segment by storm. From a hatchback to a fully-loaded SUV like the Renault Duster, most of the cars today fall in this category and all of them have been dealt a blow by the launch.
Mahindra is also not the first to rework its pricing strategy. Recently, Nissan launched a more economically priced version of its Micra, the Micra Active, and even Chevy is offering a limited-period cut-price offer on the Beat.
The Mahindra Quanto carries price tags in the range of Rs 7.09 lakh for the base variant to Rs 8.83 lakh for the top-end.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.01 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness