Mahindra Racing and Pininfarina reveal concept designs of Formula E racecar
Tech Mahindra's acquisition of the Italian design house, Pininfarina, was certainly an important automotive highlight in the year 2015. The Mahindra XUV Aero Concept was the first Pininfarina-inspired product, and now the company has three more designs to showcase concept designs for the brand's Formula E racecar.
Like all the other Pininfarina designs, these certainly stand out from the crowd, with their unconventional noses, distinct lines and large tail-fins. Two of these concepts feature a closed cockpit design, while the third one, which reminds us of the Batmobile, features an open cockpit and a holographic display for the driver's name. These designs have been revealed by Mahindra Racing to evoke responses from fans and increase the reach of Formula E.
"Mahindra is a pioneer of EV technology that is always striving to push the boundaries of this exciting new form of mobility. Our participation in the Formula E championship gives us yet another platform to co-create the future of mobility," said Anand Mahindra. Although these designs are still at a project stage, Mahindra stated that he would be thrilled to see the M5 Electro racecar look like one of these designs.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6