Mahindra Racing and Pininfarina reveal concept designs of Formula E racecar
Tech Mahindra's acquisition of the Italian design house, Pininfarina, was certainly an important automotive highlight in the year 2015. The Mahindra XUV Aero Concept was the first Pininfarina-inspired product, and now the company has three more designs to showcase concept designs for the brand's Formula E racecar.
Like all the other Pininfarina designs, these certainly stand out from the crowd, with their unconventional noses, distinct lines and large tail-fins. Two of these concepts feature a closed cockpit design, while the third one, which reminds us of the Batmobile, features an open cockpit and a holographic display for the driver's name. These designs have been revealed by Mahindra Racing to evoke responses from fans and increase the reach of Formula E.
"Mahindra is a pioneer of EV technology that is always striving to push the boundaries of this exciting new form of mobility. Our participation in the Formula E championship gives us yet another platform to co-create the future of mobility," said Anand Mahindra. Although these designs are still at a project stage, Mahindra stated that he would be thrilled to see the M5 Electro racecar look like one of these designs.
- FeaturesBook review - Niki Lauda: The Biography by Maurice Hamilton
- NewsHyundai Venue SUV to get iMT clutchless manual gearbox with 1.0-litre turbo
- NewsBSVI Skoda Rapid 1.0-litre TSI to get automatic option in September 2020
- NewsAudi e-tron S and Audi e-tron S Sportback electric SUVs revealed
- NewsMG Gloster SUV teased on Indian website, here's everything you need to know
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block