Mahindra Racing to announce Karun Chandhok and Bruno Senna as their drivers for Formula E
Despite an official announcement yet to be made by Mahindra Racing, current Le Mans driver and a popular name in Indian Motorsport, Karun Chandhok will represent the Indian team in the the inaugural 2014-15 Formula E season. Teaming with him will be an old team-mate, Brazilian Bruno Senna. The Formula E championship, which is an FIA conducted series for electrically-powered cars, is due to start this coming September in Beijing. With ten teams confirming their participation, Mahindra Racing have become the third team to announce their drivers after Audi Sport ABT and Virgin Racing.
In a previous interview with CEO of Formula E Alejandro Agag, OVERDRIVE had broken the news that the series was keen on including Indian drivers in one of their teams and was talking to the obvious "two most famous Indian drivers" for the event. Though Karun Chandhok's inclusion in the team was on the cards for a long time, recent rumours speculated that his place in the team may go to Narain Karthikeyan, despite the fact that Karthikeyan was a Tata Motors backed driver and has been for the entire duration of his career. However, the announcement which is to be made official on Monday, will confirm Chandhok's place in the team and that of his former Formula 1 HRT team-mate Bruno Senna. The duo of Chandhok and Senna have teamed up in the past for the 2008 season with GP2 team, iSport and then went on to make compete in Formula 1 with HRT in 2010.
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019