Mahindra Racing's Karun Chandhok pulls doughnuts at Formula E launch in London
Mahindra Racing gears up for a first of its kind all-electric single-seater championship and makes its entry in serious swag with Karun Chandhok swerving and whizzing past the Big Ben in the team's red-black racecar called Nitro. The Mahindra Racing driver scorched Westminster bridge performing doughnuts at the global launch of the FIA Formula E championship.
Revered names from the world of motorsport, including the likes of Alain Prost, Damon Hill, Emerson Fittipaldi and Sir Frank Williams, gathered at London's Roundhouse for the event.
The new championship is aimed at popularising the concept of the all-electric vehicle and propagating sustainable mobility. The races will be held at city-centric circuits in China, Malaysia, Uruguay, Argentina, US, Monaco, Germany and the UK, with the championship kickstarting at Beijing this month.
Click here to read more about Mahindra Racing Formula E team.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- News2019 Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X launched in India at Rs 5 lakh and Rs 5.40 lakh respectively
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Benelli TRK 502 and TRK 502X launch in India
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani