Mahindra responds to FCA's infringment claim against the Roxor off-roader
In a new development with regards to the complaint that FCA filed against Mahindra and its Roxor, Mahindra has responded to FCA's infringement claims against it.
Mahindra and Mahindra's US arm has responded to the U.S. International Trade Commission by stating that the allegations made against it are baseless. The Indian carmaker says that the Roxor is not an imported, low-quality knock-off of the FCA Jeep products. The off-roader has been developed in the USA over a three year period and is intended for off-road use only.
Referring to FCA as Fiat, Mahindra also asked the court to lift the injunction against it which blocks it from using the Jeep trademarked seven-slat grille design motif. The company states that it had signed an agreement with Chrysler LLC in 2009 which allows it to use this design element with prior approval. The Roxor has been designed without infringing on this agreement. This agreement is not valid for the US market, so the Thar-based Roxor uses a modified five slat design, with a Mahindra logo over the middle slat. The Thar gets the traditional seven slat Jeep grille.
Mahindra also said that while FCA has not sought any monetary compensation, the allegations made against will harm the Roxor's sales by creating negative publicity and damaging market perception of the brand.
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000