Mahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
More spy images have appeared of Mahindra' sub-four metre SUV, codenamed the Mahindra S201. The S201 is based on the Ssangyong Tivoli and carries forward design cues from that car. While not as shapely as it's to-be arch-rival the Tata Nexon, the S201 carries a boxier, more functional design like that of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The rectangular headlamp has projector beams and an integrated DRL while the turn indicators are pushed to the extreme end on either side.
From what's visible, the S201 will get an integrated rear spoiler and wraparound taillights. The rear fog lamps are integrated neatly into the bumper while the multi-spoke alloys have an interesting design. The test car is seen running on Apollo Alnacs tyres. (The Vitara Brezza ships with the same brand of tyres)
The Mahindra S201 is being developed at the Mahindra Research Valley in Chennai. The upcoming S201 SUV will be available in both petrol and diesel engines. More importantly, it will make use of a new-gen 1.5-litre and 1.6-litre petrol motors that is being jointly developed by SsangYong and Mahindra.
Earlier spy photos have revealed the compact SUV's interior. The interior is swathed in black and beige with silver accents. The touchscreen infotainment system is flanked by two, vertical A/C vents with a piano black bezel surrounding them. The auto climate control is located just below and has red coloured buttons to operate various functions. A large rotary dial is placed in the centre of these row of buttons to control the fan speed. Clear influences of the XUV500 can be seen here.
The Mahindra S201 will provide Mahindra with a viable product is the sub-four-metre SUV category, a segment where the firm has not been adequately represented so far.
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.95 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 BMW X5 M Competition
- NewsBSVI Honda Unicorn launched priced at Rs 93,593
- NewsMercedez-Benz EQA teased before 2020 Geneva Motor Show
- News2020 Skoda Octavia RS 245 priced at Rs 36 lakh, bookings commence from March 1
- News2020 Hyundai i20 interiors revealed prior to the Geneva Motor Show
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055