Mahindra Scorpio 1.99L with Intelli-Hybrid technology launched at Rs 9.35 lakh
It's been only two months since Mahindra and Mahindra launched the Scorpio 2.2-litre mHawk with Intelli-Hybrid technology. Now the carmaker has introduced its Intelli-Hybrid technology on the Scorpio 1.99-litre mHawk version as well. The Mahindra Scorpio 1.99-litre with Intelli-Hybrid technology is priced at Rs 9.35 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi) for the S4 model.
The Scorpio 1.99-litre mHawk is available in the S4, S4+, S6+, S8 and S10 trims. Mahindra is offering its Intelli-Hybrid technology on all trims of the Scorpio 1.99-litre mHawk. Since this is a mild hybrid vehicle, buyers in Delhi will get a concessional VAT of five per cent. This means a benefit of around Rs 60,000 to Rs 90,000 depending on the trim.
Mahindra claims that its Intelli-Hybrid technology reduces fuel consumption by around seven per cent. It achieves this by assisting the diesel engine with electric power during acceleration. The mild hybrid technology also automatically switches off the engine within 3 seconds of the vehicle being stationary. That's not all, Mahindra's Intelli-Hybrid technology utilises brake energy to charge the battery.
The Mahindra Scorpio 1.9-litre is powered by a 1,997cc turbodiesel mHawk engine which makes 120PS of power and 280Nm of torque. This engine makes identical power and torque as the 2.2-litre mHawk engine. Unlike the Scorpio 2.2-litre mHawk, the Scorpio 1.99-litre is available only in front-wheel drive.
Mahindra and Mahindra launched a new 1.99-litre diesel engine for the Scorpio and the XUV500 in January this year. The carmaker had launched this downsized engine to counter the Delhi government's ban on registration of diesel vehicles with displacement of 2,000cc and above.
Starts Rs 10.05 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic