Mahindra Scorpio facelift to launch in India on November 14
The present-gen Mahindra Scorpio will getting a facelift soon. The SUV manufacturer is planning to launch the refreshed Scorpio on November 14. In addition to the design and features update, the new Scorpio will get a mechanical update that will make it more powerful than the present offering. Mahindra dealerships across the country have already started accepting bookings for the refreshed model.
The Mahindra Scorpio facelift will feature a revised styling and updated interior
As seen from the spied images, it can be seen that the new Mahindra Scorpio will get a tweaked front profile with a new grille. Even the bumper will be getting a styling revision with a new central air dam, that with the mesh-like grille looks wider than before. If the same contributes to the overall performance or is just for aesthetics is something that we will wait for Mahindra to elaborate at the time of launch. The side profile looks similar to what we have already seen on the SUV, however, it will get updated alloys.Moving on to the rear, the tail door should sport a comparatively understated design and will lose out on the creases and contours that are seen on the present model. Additionally, the rear wiper, taillight cluster and the rear bumper too are expected to get a styling update. The cabin of the new Mahindra Scorpio will be refreshed as well but not drastically different from the present offering. The design and layout will be similar with all-black theme that might be introduced in the new iteration.
Coming to the powertrain, the refreshed Mahindra Scorpio will get the updated 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine, that also does duty in the Mahindra XUV500. This motor will now produce 140PS, a bump of 20PS over the existing model. The torque rating will remain unchanged. This motor will be offered with a choice between five-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmissions. Earlier this year, Mahindra had discontinued the automatic variants of the Scorpio but we believe to offer a wider choice, the same will be offered in the new version. It is also said that the new Mahindra Scorpio will miss out on the mild hybrid tech to counter the higher taxation implied on hybrid vehicles according to the GST update.
Starts Rs 10.05 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.25 Lakhs
- NewsMG Motor to launch first car in India earlier than planned, by second quarter of 2019
- NewsUpcoming 700km Mumbai-Nagpur expressway to reduce travel time by half
- NewsIndian Oil begins doorstep delivery of diesel in India
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced