Mahindra Scorpio sells nearly 5,000 units more than the Duster and EcoSport last fiscal in India
The Scorpio has been one of the best sellers for the Mahindra brand in India and continues to do so if the past financial years sales figures are to be believed.
The ageing Scorpio faces tough competition in the SUV segment from the likes of Renault Duster and the Ford EcoSport. The sales figure for the Duster and EcoSport stood at 46,700 and 45,000 units respectively during the last fiscal. The Scorpio on the other hand managed 50,900 units which is more than 5000 units compared to Ford's compact SUV. This year, in the month of March alone it sold an outstanding 5,605 units which is more than any other car in the segment.
We do wonder what will happen to the competition once the facelift which is due this year arrives in the market. The facelift has been caught testing several times and it will get a totally revised front and rear end with the side profile also seeing minor revisions.
The Mahindra Scorpio facelift caught testing near Chennai
The engine will not be witnessing any changes and will sport the same 2.2litre mHawk turbo diesel engine mated to either a six speed auto or a five speed manual transmission.
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race: Volkswagen Vento TC4-A Racecar first drive review