Mahindra Scorpio sells nearly 5,000 units more than the Duster and EcoSport last fiscal in India
The Scorpio has been one of the best sellers for the Mahindra brand in India and continues to do so if the past financial years sales figures are to be believed.
The ageing Scorpio faces tough competition in the SUV segment from the likes of Renault Duster and the Ford EcoSport. The sales figure for the Duster and EcoSport stood at 46,700 and 45,000 units respectively during the last fiscal. The Scorpio on the other hand managed 50,900 units which is more than 5000 units compared to Ford's compact SUV. This year, in the month of March alone it sold an outstanding 5,605 units which is more than any other car in the segment.
We do wonder what will happen to the competition once the facelift which is due this year arrives in the market. The facelift has been caught testing several times and it will get a totally revised front and rear end with the side profile also seeing minor revisions.
The Mahindra Scorpio facelift caught testing near Chennai
The engine will not be witnessing any changes and will sport the same 2.2litre mHawk turbo diesel engine mated to either a six speed auto or a five speed manual transmission.
Starts Rs 12.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.04 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.49 Lakhs
- FeaturesBMW #JustCantWait To Bring Driving Pleasure Back To Our Lives
- NewsBMW iX3 EV SUV teased ahead of July 14 reveal
- NewsAnyone can ride the Yamaha MWT-9 and T7 Concept
- NewsSkoda Auto CEO Bernhard Maier to step down, effective July 31
- NewsMahindra XUV300 1.2-litre mStallion turbo-petrol spotted testing
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block