Mahindra Scorpio sells over 4 lakh units in India
Carmaker Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd (M&M Ltd) has announced that sales of the Scorpio have crossed the 4 lakh units-mark in India. The iconic SUV has managed to sustain a niche for the past 11 years, recording sales of over 50,000 units for the past two years, outdoing even the popular newly launched Duster in the monthly sales department last month.
The reputation and popularity of the Scorpio is such that its Facebook page boasts over 2 million fans, one of the largest on Facebook India. The brand's popularity is also evident on the Scorpio YouTube channel which has over 4 million hits.
The Scorpio is powered by a 2.2-litre, mHawk, common rail diesel engine that produces 121PS and 290Nm of torque. The conceptualisation of the vehicle is such that it manages to find middle between driving in city traffic and off-roading.
Earlier this week, Mahindra also launched a special edition Scorpio with select equipment additions. This Scorpio will have a limited production of just 500 units. It gets dual-tone leather upholstery, leather wrapped steering wheel and gear-knob, dual front airbags and an integrated roof mounted DVD player with 9" screen. The special edition is also adorned with chrome alloys and a dashboard in high gloss wood as is the centre console.
Mahindra is also understood to have been working on a facelift of the Scorpio, which most likely will be launched early next year.
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
- NewsNew Castrol POWER1 engine oil range launched in India, offers smoother performance and higher efficiency
- NewsRenault to end production of diesel cars by 2020 - to focus on locally manufacturing EVs by 2022
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Kia Seltos unveiled in India
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV offers six airbags, bounty of safety features and a terrain management system!
- News2019 Kia Seltos SUV to offer 1.4 turbo BSVI petrol and three automatic transmission options!