Mahindra (Ssangyong) Rexton G4 SUV spied again in India, to rival Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour
Mahindra's upcoming flagship offering, the re-badged Ssangyong Rexton G4 SUV has been recently spotted by OVERDRIVE reader Nicholson Frederick doing testing in India. While the design and the features offered are a no secret as Mahindra had already showcased the SUV earlier this year at the 2018 Auto Expo in India. At the time of its showcase, Mahindra did not reveal any information on pricing. However, we believe the SUV (also being referred as XUV700) will rival the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour in India. We expect Mahindra to price its flagship SUV aggressively against the competition.
The new Rexton is a better styled, more mature, and more dynamically competent car as compared to its predecessor and given the Mahindra badging this time around, should garner better sales as well. This will be the next major launch for Mahindra after the XUV500 facelift and the upcoming U321 MPV.
The company states that this SUV will come with a 2.2-litre diesel motor that makes 178PS of power and generates 420Nm of torque. This motor is mated to a 7-speed Mercedes-Benz automatic transmission that will send power to all four wheels. A 6-speed manual is available internationally as well but is unlikely to be sold here.
The Indian automobile manufacturer has clearly mentioned that the new SUV will be a rebranded version of the G4 Rexton sold in the international markets. The all-new Mahindra SUV as not been named yet and a launch date hasn't been announced either. In terms of features, the all-new Mahindra SUV will come equipped with HID lights, electric sunroof, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, 9 airbags and electric parking brake.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630
- NewsUpcoming Mahindra Marazzo MPV cabin revealed, available in 7 and 8 seater layouts
- NewsBenelli Imperiale 400 to be launched in India by mid-2019
- NewsUpcoming 2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE-Class interior revealed in new spy images