Mahindra (Ssangyong) Rexton G4, the brand's upcoming flagship SUV spotted testing again
Mahindra's upcoming flagship SUV, the rebadged Ssangyong Rexton G4, has been seen undergoing hot weather and off-road testing in the deserts of Rajasthan ahead of its launch sometime later this year. As with some earlier spy shots, this car too doesn't wear the Mahindra-spec chrome-laden grille as seen on the Auto Expo show car, instead, coming with the more subtle international design.
The Indian automobile manufacturer has clearly mentioned that the new SUV will be a rebranded version of the G4 Rexton sold in the international markets. The all-new Mahindra SUV as not been named yet and a launch date hasn't been announced either.
The company states that this SUV will come with a 2.2-litre diesel motor that makes 178PS of power and generates 420Nm of torque. This motor is mated to a 7-speed Mercedes-Benz automatic transmission that will send power to all four wheels. A 6-speed manual is available internationally as well but is unlikely to be sold here.
In terms of features, the all-new Mahindra SUV will come equipped with HID lights, electric sunroof, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, 9 airbags and electric parking brake.
The Mahindra G4 Rexton(image gallery) should lock horns with the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour in India. We expect Mahindra to price its flagship SUV aggressively against the competition.
The new Rexton is a better styled, more mature, and more dynamically competent car as compared to its predecessor and given the Mahindra badging this time around, should garner better sales as well. This will be the next major launch for Mahindra after the recent XUV500 facelift and the upcoming U321 MPV.
Source: 4X4 India
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsMercedes-Benz A-Class hatchback gets new diesel engines in Europe
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift recalled over faulty speedometer assembly
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross now available with the limited run 'Jonty Rhodes Limited 30' package for Rs 1.99 lakh
- NewsMcLaren Speedtail testing begins before 2020 deliveries
- NewsHonda Cars India could launch its first electric vehicle in India by 2023-2024
- NewsSete Gibernau joins 2019 MotoE rider line-up
- News2018 Mahindra Scorpio S9 launched in India at Rs 13.99 lakh
- FeaturesTVS Apache: Three million and counting...
- NewsTata 45X premium hatchback spotted testing ahead of Diwali 2019 launch
- NewsThird generation Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe to launch in India on November 16