Mahindra Supro electric to be launched in India in October
Mahindra will be launching an all-electric version of the Supro van next month. Touted at India's first electric van, the Supro electric was first showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo. The electric Supro will be the third offering after the eVerito sedan and the e2o hatchback.
The Mahindra electric Supro shares its 73.2V AC induction motor with the eVerito that makes a peak power of 30kW at 3,500rpm and generates a torque of 90Nm at 3,000rpm. Read our Mahindra eVerito review here. The motor is mated to an automatic gearbox from the e2o. Mahindra might also offer roof-mounted solar panels on the electric Supro. The Indian carmaker claims that the electric Supro can travel a maximum of 80km in one full charge.
The electric Supro measures 3798mm in length, 1540mm in width and 1922mm in height. It has a wheelbase of 1950mm. These numbers are identical to that of the regular version. The electric Supro rides on 125/70 R13 tyres and comes with McPherson struts on the front and leaf-spring set-up in the rear. Doing duties on the front are disc brakes while the rear gets drum brakes as standard.
Mahindra will offer the electric Supro only in the 8-seat configuration, whereas the regular offering has an optional 5-seater layout. In terms of design, the Mahindra electric looks identical to the regular version except for body vinyls and a new design of wheel caps. The electric Supro will be available across all dealerships selling the e2o and the eVerito. We expect the prices of the Mahindra electric Supro to be in the range of Rs 7.5-9 lakh, ex-showroom.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-10