Mahindra to hike prices of its models by up to Rs 30,000 from August 2018
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd has announced that it will be increasing the prices of its car models by up to Rs 30,000. The price hike will be applicable to all M&M passenger vehicles on offer in the country. This includes the Mahindra XUV500, Bolero, Scorpio, KUV100 NXT, TUV300 and TUV300 Plus, Thar, Xylo, NuvoSport, and others. The price hike will be effective from August 2018. Speaking about the same, M&M president - automotive sector, Rajan Wadhera stated, "With the ongoing increase in commodity prices, we plan to take a price hike of up to 2 per cent in some models." This follows similar announcements from other manufacturers including Hyundai India, Audi India, and Skoda India, earlier this year.
Mahindra has announced the price hike just as the utility vehicle maker readies to reveal the name of its Toyota Innova Crysta rival, the U321 MPV later today. And there are more models in the offing, too. The company's upcoming flagship offering, the re-badged Ssangyong Rexton G4 SUV has been recently spotted undergoing testing in India. Mahindra had already showcased the SUV earlier this year at the 2018 Auto Expo. The SUV (also being referred as XUV700) will rival the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour in India.
Meanwhile, a newer model which has also been spied is the new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza rival from the M&M stable. The company has been testing the compact sub-4m SUV under the project name S201. The S201 is based on the Ssangyong Tivoli and carries forward design cues from that car. Spy shots reveal the Mahindra SUV to be production ready, as there is hardly camouflage on the side and the rear. The S201 SUV could also make its debut this festive season and will lock horns with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon , and the Ford EcoSport.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.65 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter quick ride review