Mahindra to hike prices of its models by up to Rs 30,000 from August 2018
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd has announced that it will be increasing the prices of its car models by up to Rs 30,000. The price hike will be applicable to all M&M passenger vehicles on offer in the country. This includes the Mahindra XUV500, Bolero, Scorpio, KUV100 NXT, TUV300 and TUV300 Plus, Thar, Xylo, NuvoSport, and others. The price hike will be effective from August 2018. Speaking about the same, M&M president - automotive sector, Rajan Wadhera stated, "With the ongoing increase in commodity prices, we plan to take a price hike of up to 2 per cent in some models." This follows similar announcements from other manufacturers including Hyundai India, Audi India, and Skoda India, earlier this year.
Mahindra has announced the price hike just as the utility vehicle maker readies to reveal the name of its Toyota Innova Crysta rival, the U321 MPV later today. And there are more models in the offing, too. The company's upcoming flagship offering, the re-badged Ssangyong Rexton G4 SUV has been recently spotted undergoing testing in India. Mahindra had already showcased the SUV earlier this year at the 2018 Auto Expo. The SUV (also being referred as XUV700) will rival the likes of the Toyota Fortuner and the Ford Endeavour in India.
Meanwhile, a newer model which has also been spied is the new Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza rival from the M&M stable. The company has been testing the compact sub-4m SUV under the project name S201. The S201 is based on the Ssangyong Tivoli and carries forward design cues from that car. Spy shots reveal the Mahindra SUV to be production ready, as there is hardly camouflage on the side and the rear. The S201 SUV could also make its debut this festive season and will lock horns with the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon , and the Ford EcoSport.
Starts Rs 7.67 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.65 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000