Mahindra to invest Rs 176 crore in Zoomcar India
Mahindra and Mahindra Limited has announced its plans to invest in Zoomcar India private limited, the self-drive car service provider. The company plans to invest Rs 176 crore in Zoomcar India or Zoomcar Inc. its US incorporated holding parent company. Mahindra says that the investment is in keeping with its vision of shared mobility business. The value of the investments equates to a 16 per cent stake in Zoomcar Inc.
The Mahindra eVerito is the only all-electric sedan on sale in the country currently
Mahindra says that the investment in this shared mobility business is a step forward in its ambition of promoting sustainability solutions which also includes multi modal urban mobility. Mahindra believes that this investment will help it transform mobility in the country.
Greg Moran, CEO and co-founder, Zoomcar said that the company aims to leverage Mahindra's diverse platform as well as incorporate Mahindra's electric cars. This is also in line with India's electric mobility future.
Mahindra and Zoomcar introduced the e2O Plus in the self-drive mobility space in Mysore, Bangalore and Hyderabad. The plan now is to add another 500+ Mahindra electric vehicles across 20 cities in India. Besides the e2O we also expect Mahindra to introduce the e-Verito in the Zoomcar fleet.
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero RR 450 to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled