Mahindra to invest Rs 176 crore in Zoomcar India
Mahindra and Mahindra Limited has announced its plans to invest in Zoomcar India private limited, the self-drive car service provider. The company plans to invest Rs 176 crore in Zoomcar India or Zoomcar Inc. its US incorporated holding parent company. Mahindra says that the investment is in keeping with its vision of shared mobility business. The value of the investments equates to a 16 per cent stake in Zoomcar Inc.
The Mahindra eVerito is the only all-electric sedan on sale in the country currently
Mahindra says that the investment in this shared mobility business is a step forward in its ambition of promoting sustainability solutions which also includes multi modal urban mobility. Mahindra believes that this investment will help it transform mobility in the country.
Greg Moran, CEO and co-founder, Zoomcar said that the company aims to leverage Mahindra's diverse platform as well as incorporate Mahindra's electric cars. This is also in line with India's electric mobility future.
Mahindra and Zoomcar introduced the e2O Plus in the self-drive mobility space in Mysore, Bangalore and Hyderabad. The plan now is to add another 500+ Mahindra electric vehicles across 20 cities in India. Besides the e2O we also expect Mahindra to introduce the e-Verito in the Zoomcar fleet.
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship