Mahindra to launch the Mojo in India on October 16
Mahindra Two Wheelers will finally launch the highly delayed Mojo in India on October 16, 2015. Bookings for the motorcycle had begun early this month and prospective customers can book the Mojo by paying Rs 10,000. Mahindra had first showcased it as a concept in 2010 at the auto expo and thereafter have been relentlessly testing it.
Based on the bookings as well as enquiries, Mahindra Two Wheelers has begun profiling customers by sending them emails with an attached form. The questions in the form aim to ascertain the riding habits and other details of customers.
Powered by a 300cc, liquid cooled, single cylinder engine that produces 27PS and churns out 30Nm, the Mojo is billed as an affordable performance motorcycle. Other interesting bits include USD forks at the front, Pirelli Diablo Rosso II tyres, petal discs and twin exhausts. The analouge-digital instrument cluster gets goodies such as top speed recorder, 0-100 and quarter mile timer.
The Mahindra Mojo is expected to be priced under Rs 2 lakh and the first 100 customers stand to get additional surprise benefits. Dealers in Mumbai have received demo motorcycles and test rides are now being offered.
The competitors list includes the KTM Duke 200, RC 200, Pulsar RS200, Yamaha R15, Duke 390, RC 390 and Honda's CBR250R.
Starts Rs 1,49,520
- Review2019 Suzuki Gixxer SF first ride review
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2019: Intense fitness camp helps prepare drivers for Kari Motor Speedway season-opener
- News2019 Hyundai Venue SUV on-road prices in India revealed
- NewsShell Lubricants India inaugurates its first lubricant laboratory in Bengaluru
- NewsMaruti Suzuki opens over 200 service station across India in 2018-19