Mahindra to launch three new vehicles in India by March 31, 2016
At the beginning of this financial year, Mahindra had announced that they would launch 10 new vehicles by March 31, 2016. So far, they've rolled out seven new models, leaving them three more for 2016:
1. Mahindra KUV100 (Expected price: Rs 4-6 lakh)
At the KUV100's recent unveiling, Mahindra stated that this new compact SUV would be launched on January 15, 2016. The KUV100, will run Mahindra's first petrol engine called the mFalcon G80, which is a three cylinder 1.2-litre unit that puts out 83PS of power and 114Nm of torque. The other engine it will be offered with is the three cylinder diesel mFalcon75 unit which also displaces 1.2-litres, but produces 77PS and 190Nm. Mahindra is looking to take on the Hyundai Grand i10, the Maruti Suzuki Celerio and the upcoming Tata Zica.
2. Mahindra Imperio (Expected price: Rs 6.3-7.1 lakh)
Image source: indianautosblog
Mahindra has announced that it would be launching a "premium pick-up range" called the Imperio for its small commercial vehicle line. From the looks of it, this could be a replacement to the current Genio. Although no further details have been released officially, the images of the Imperio have recently popped up on the internet. Like the Genio, the Imperio will be a more premium commercial vehicle.
3. Mahindra Verito Electric (Expected price: Rs 13.5 lakh)
Mahindra has been developing the Verito Electric for a while now and even showcased it as the e-Verito at the 2014 Auto Expo. Although the estimated price is quite high, this is because of high cost of development. However, the prices could come down when parts like the batteries are locally produced instead of being imported. Expect the Verito Electric to be launched by the end of the financial year.
Starts Rs 4.91 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
- FeaturesBean counters: Observations from the 2018 Rally of Chikmagalur
- NewsINRC 2019: Champions Group announced as new promoters for national rally championship beginning 2019
- News2018 INMRC: TVS Racing's Jagan Kumar wins the Super Sport 165cc championship
- News2019 Suzuki Hayabusa bookings open in India at Rs 1 lakh
- NewsDroom hosts India's first pre-owned automotive awards
- NewsNew Land Rover Defender teased, will debut in 2019
- NewsMahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
- NewsLive updates: Mahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV name announcement
- News2019 Honda Civic spotted testing in India ahead of launch
- NewsVolkswagen ID electric hatchback begins testing, to have 550 km range