Mahindra to showcase two new trucks at Auto Expo 2014
Mahindra Trucks and Buses Ltd (MTBL) will make its impact felt in Auto Expo 2014 by unveiling its two new products- TRACO 49 and TRUXO 37. These two introductions will help expand the company's portfolio in the HCV segment.
The TRACO 49 is a tractor trailer specially crafted for load applications like containerized heavy duty loads, cement, steel, over-dimensional cargo, heavy machinery etc. The products focus in keeping with the psych of the Indian customer is fuel efficiency without compromising on power and ruggedness. The engine choices are of 210 and 260 HP MPOWER engines. It also has a cabin which is specially designed for long trips.
The second offering is a new rigid, multi-axle truck named TRUXO 37 which Mahindra claims will provide great value and better earnings to its customers by delivering better fuel economy and optimal power range for various load applications.
Rajan Wadhera with the new Truxo 37
Despite low volume of sales in this segment MTBL has said that it will invest Rs 200 crore to strengthen its existing product lineup and will spend another Rs 300 crore to research other product lines in the LCV, ICV and MCV segments.
Giving his thoughts, Nalin Mehta, managing director & CEO, Mahindra Trucks and Buses Limited, said, "Despite severe recessionary market conditions, MTBL is endearing itself to a large section of buyers which includes top fleet owners pan India across segments and load applications. This is a tribute to cutting edge technology with which our products are built and the ever growing service and spares network which ensures higher uptime and better earnings for our customers. Our exhibits at the Auto Expo will further reinforce our customer centricity in the form of new products and offerings".
Currently, MTBL has around one has lakh LCV trucks, buses and more than 9,000 HCV trucks on Indian roads, which are serviced by 1856 service centres and retail network spanning 575 outlets.
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- NewsConfirmed: Benelli to launch Leoncino 500, Imperiale 400 and 502C motorcycles in India this year
- NewsRenault Kwid EV production version spotted testing for the first time
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: Audi Q4 e-tron concept sketches unveiled
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani