Mahindra TUV300 Plus starts arriving on dealership floors
Images have surfaced online of the Mahindra TUV300 Plus arriving on dealership floors ahead of the car's launch within the next few months. Mahindra has been rolling this car out without much publicity, to first gauge customer reaction. And this move follows that strategy. We expect the TUV300 Plus to be priced between Rs 9 to 12 lakh.
The Mahindra TUV300 Plus is, essentially, a TUV300 with a longer wheelbase and proper third row of seats, courtesy of the longer dimensions. Expect Mahindra to also thrown in an improved feature list to differentiate the TUV300 Plus from the sub-4 metre TUV300. The TUV300 Plus' design is identical to the smaller TUV300, as it retains the same, boxy design. The head and tail lamp design is tweaked slightly, but there's not a lot that visually distinguishes the TUV300 Plus from TUV300.
The brochure for the TUV300 Plus has also been leaked and this shows the SUV to be powered by a 2.2-litre turbocharged diesel engine(mHawk) which puts out 120PS and 280Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual.
The TUV300 Plus is only being offered in a P4 trim level as of now. This variant comes with 16-inch tyres shod on steel rims. Disc brakes are available at the front and there are drums at the rear. Seating is available for 9 passengers.
The mid-level P4 variant is relatively sparsely equipped, given this car's market positioning and comes with features like power steering, tilt adjust for the steering, front and rear power windows, central locking, manual air conditioner with heater, internally adjustable ORVMs, 2 12V charging points. There are four colour options available Bold Black, Majestic Silver, Dynamo Red, and Glacier White.
Given that the Scorpio has become more upmarket in its present generation, the TUV300 Plus fills the gap between that car and the Bolero. The TUV300 Plus will cater to urban and non-urban customers and also be a favourite of fleet operators
Source: IndianAutosBlog, Team-BHP
Starts Rs 8.12 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 May 2018
- NewsFormula E: Daniel Abt leads Audi one-two at home race in Berlin
- FeaturesVideo worth watching: The Frankenstein E28 BMW 5 Series
- NewsTennis-ace Rafael Nadal to be race starter for this year's 24 Hours of Le Mans
- NewsSavsol automotive engine oils and lubricants relaunched in India with revised positioning
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: Nico Rosberg and his Mercedes-Benz 300SL Gullwing
- NewsConfirmed: Hyundai Creta SUV facelift to be launched in India on May 21
- NewsCox and Kings launches Self-Drive 365 holiday planning service
- ReviewKia K900 first drive review
- NewsBMW iNext autonomous electric crossover teased, will be their new technology flagship
- News2019 Aston Martin Vantage production begins at Gaydon, Warwickshire