Mahindra Two Wheelers launches special edition Centuro Mirzya in India
The 2016 Mahindra Centuro has been unveiled in a new guise. As a part of upcoming movie release, the special edition of the motorcycle will be called the Mirzya. The bike will only feature cosmetic touches like the golden graphics on the sides of the bike. The alloy wheels on the Mirzya will be the same ones that the Centuro uses. As seen in the image below, the Mirzya uses drum brakes. Mahindra has not confirmed if a disc brake variant of the Mirzya will be available in the future.
The Mirzya will retain the MCI-5 engine as on the Centuro which adapts to the terrain as it rides to increase the mileage and pick-up. It produces 8.5PS of power from its 107cc air-cooled single-cylinder engine, which is mated to a constant mesh 4-speed manual gearbox. The bike will retain the anti-theft system that the Centuro uses along with the remote-flip key and engine immobiliser.
The gold bars under the fuel tank, which are an eye-sore on the Centuro, seem to go pretty well with the gold graphics on black body of the Mirzya special edition. It is unclear if Mahindra will offer other colours on the special edition, or whether it will be just available in black.
With pricing not yet known, the Mahindra Mirzya will go on sale from the first week of October, alongside the Centuro. The latter's price ranges from Rs 46,890-52,890 (ex-Mumbai), so it should be safe to assume that the Mirzya will be priced closer to this. Mahindra has confirmed that sales of the Centuro Mirzya will continue till there is a demand.
Starts Rs 49,930
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic