Mahindra Two Wheelers to launch Jawa motorcycles in India in 2019
Mahindra & Mahindra's managing director, Pawan Goenka has stated that the company will launch the first Jawa motorcycle in India by the end of the next financial year. Speaking to MoneyControl, Goenka spoke about Mahindra's two wheeler arm and its future plans. Mahindra will launch Jawa motorcycles under the same brand name and not bear the Mahindra brand name, at all.
2017 Jawa 350 OHC
We expect Mahindra Two Wheelers R&D to work on an India specific Jawa lin. These motorcycles will be sold via a newly set up Jawa dealer network.
The first model to go on sale could also be the Jawa 350, a retro motorcycle that could go up against the Royal Enfield Classic 350. This, however, is largely dependent on the price point that Mahindra positions the Jawa 350 at.
Mahindra had recently acquired Jawa as well as BSA and French company, Peugeot Scooters. You can read a detailed analysis of Mahindra Two Wheeler's game plan here.
Starts Rs 1,39,308
- News2019 Euro NASCAR: Advait Deodhar scores rookie podium despite difficult season-opener
- FeaturesIndian Election Campaign Vehicles (IECV)
- NewsHyundai Venue: How does it stack up against the competition?
- NewsLimited edition Aston Martin DBS 59 pays homage to the company's 1959 win at Le Mans
- NewsTata Altroz spotted on test in Mumbai - India launch soon
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip