Mahindra U321 MPV spotted testing in camouflage
New spy shots have emerged of Mahindra's Innova-challenging U321 MPV. The exterior of the car, developed at Mahindra's North American Technical Centre in the US, features a black mesh grille with the chrome claw motifs that are becoming a Mahindra design staple. The projector headlamps are enclosed in a blacked out housing with the LED DRLs being integrated into the fog lamps in the front bumper. The overall design language of the car is quite similar to that of the XUV500 and KUV100 and is a mix of soft curves with a sharp character line running along the door handles on the side. The rear will house a pair of vertically arranged LED taillamps and a large tailgate. The car is expected to be powered by Mahindra's new 1.6-litre diesel engine which should produce around 128PS and 305 Nm. A petrol engine might also be made available later in the car's production run. The MPV will share its monocoque construction with the XUV500 and KUV100.
The interiors are expected to be feature loaded in a similar fashion to the XUV. It will be available in a 7-seater and 8-seater layout. Its dual-tone interior is expected to be equipped with a touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, piano black panelling and a new steering wheel. The U231-codenamed MPV will be positioned as a value alternative to the Toyota Innova Crysta and be priced above the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga.
Once it is launched by the end of the year, Mahindra will be hoping to cash in on the success of the Innova Crysta with its new MPV. By positioning it as a value-alternative, Mahindra will expect this car can take some sales away from the segment leader.
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.65 Lakhs
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship
- NewsMarc Marquez dominates Sunday morning warm-up at Valencia for 2018 MotoGP season finale
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350