Mahindra U321 MPV spotted testing in camouflage
New spy shots have emerged of Mahindra's Innova-challenging U321 MPV. The exterior of the car, developed at Mahindra's North American Technical Centre in the US, features a black mesh grille with the chrome claw motifs that are becoming a Mahindra design staple. The projector headlamps are enclosed in a blacked out housing with the LED DRLs being integrated into the fog lamps in the front bumper. The overall design language of the car is quite similar to that of the XUV500 and KUV100 and is a mix of soft curves with a sharp character line running along the door handles on the side. The rear will house a pair of vertically arranged LED taillamps and a large tailgate. The car is expected to be powered by Mahindra's new 1.6-litre diesel engine which should produce around 128PS and 305 Nm. A petrol engine might also be made available later in the car's production run. The MPV will share its monocoque construction with the XUV500 and KUV100.
The interiors are expected to be feature loaded in a similar fashion to the XUV. It will be available in a 7-seater and 8-seater layout. Its dual-tone interior is expected to be equipped with a touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, piano black panelling and a new steering wheel. The U231-codenamed MPV will be positioned as a value alternative to the Toyota Innova Crysta and be priced above the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga.
Once it is launched by the end of the year, Mahindra will be hoping to cash in on the success of the Innova Crysta with its new MPV. By positioning it as a value-alternative, Mahindra will expect this car can take some sales away from the segment leader.
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.65 Lakhs
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June
- News2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650: The four things you wanted to know