Mahindra U321 MPV spotted testing in camouflage
New spy shots have emerged of Mahindra's Innova-challenging U321 MPV. The exterior of the car, developed at Mahindra's North American Technical Centre in the US, features a black mesh grille with the chrome claw motifs that are becoming a Mahindra design staple. The projector headlamps are enclosed in a blacked out housing with the LED DRLs being integrated into the fog lamps in the front bumper. The overall design language of the car is quite similar to that of the XUV500 and KUV100 and is a mix of soft curves with a sharp character line running along the door handles on the side. The rear will house a pair of vertically arranged LED taillamps and a large tailgate. The car is expected to be powered by Mahindra's new 1.6-litre diesel engine which should produce around 128PS and 305 Nm. A petrol engine might also be made available later in the car's production run. The MPV will share its monocoque construction with the XUV500 and KUV100.
The interiors are expected to be feature loaded in a similar fashion to the XUV. It will be available in a 7-seater and 8-seater layout. Its dual-tone interior is expected to be equipped with a touchscreen infotainment system, automatic climate control, piano black panelling and a new steering wheel. The U231-codenamed MPV will be positioned as a value alternative to the Toyota Innova Crysta and be priced above the Maruti Suzuki Ertiga.
Once it is launched by the end of the year, Mahindra will be hoping to cash in on the success of the Innova Crysta with its new MPV. By positioning it as a value-alternative, Mahindra will expect this car can take some sales away from the segment leader.
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.52 Lakhs
- NewsAudi Q5L unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsHero Motocorp revises prices across its entire range by up to Rs 625
- NewsSuzuki Ertiga rival Mitsubishi Xpander MPV exports begin from Indonesia
- News2018 Toyota Yaris: Variant-wise price guide
- News2018 Toyota Yaris launched in India at Rs 8.75 lakh
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander bookings open in India
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750: Four things you will like and three you won't
- Features2016 Ducati Multistrada 1200S long term review: After 16,700km and fourteen months
- NewsAuto China 2018: BMW M2 Competition debuts in China
- NewsAuto China 2018: Vision Mercedes-Maybach Ultimate Luxury concept showcased