Mahindra Verito Electric could be priced around Rs 13.5 lakh
It wasn't a usual day at the Parliament as Union Minister Anant Geete arrived in a Mahindra Verito Electric to make a statement in favor of government's environmental friendly policies. Since Mahindra doesn't officially sell the electric version of the Verito sedan, this one should be a one off working prototype. Decked with flowers and a red beacon on the roof, the Mahindra electric Verito had a logo of National Electric Mobility Mission placed on the bonnet.
The objective of the National Electric Mobility Mission is to encourage production of both two-wheeler and four-wheeler electric vehicles and be a world leader of EVs by 2020 with a total sales target of 6 7 million units. The Union Minister stated that with the use of such alternate solutions, pollution caused by air and traffic can be brought down. Understandably, the cost of technology is high as the estimated price of the sedan is close to Rs 13.5 lakh. But efforts are underway to bring down the prices by localizing production of the imported batteries.
Mahindra has showcased the electric Verito also known as the e-Verito at multiple occasions including the 2014 Auto Expo. In terms of looks, it mostly looks like the standard version except for minor detailing in the form of badges and vinyls. Inside the cabin, we expect changes only on the instrumental cluster. The Mahindra electric Verito will be powered by an AC motor that makes 39PS of power and has a range of 100kms at full charge. Government's eco-friendly FAME policy offers incentives on the purchase of hybrids and electric cars.
Mahindra, known for its wide portfolio of diesel SUVs, got affected with the new SC ruling that stops registration of diesel SUVs in Delhi. The UV maker is already taking damage control measures with the launch of new-generation mFalcon engines that include a brand new 1.2-litre petrol engine. We believe that Mahindra electric Verito will be showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo and might also enter production next year.
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 110 launched at Rs 47,197
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA teased ahead of debut next month at CES 2019
- Features35 years of the Maruti 800: A social icon
- NewsMore spy images emerge of upcoming 2019 Renault RBC seven-seater MPV
- NewsOkinawa i-Praise electric scooter pre-bookings begin at Rs 5,000
- News2020 Mahindra Thar off-roader spotted testing under camoflage
- NewsJawa Motorcycles opens its first two dealerships in Pune
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like