Mahindra XUV300 SUV is the official name of S201, to be launched in February 2019
Mahindra's have officially revealed the name of the S201 SUV, the XUV300. The Indian utility vehicle manufacturer has also confirmed that the Mahindra XUV300 will be launched in India in the first week of February. So we can expect deliveries to take place shortly after that.
The Mahindra XUV300 is based on the X100 platform that also underpins the Ssangyong Tivoli SUV. This sub-4M offering has the longest wheelbase for any sub-4m SUV in the world. Also, the Mahindra XUV300 will come equipped with all disc brakes, 7 airbags and also fully automatic climate control, many of which are a segment first.
The Mahindra XUV300 will be available in both petrol and Diesel engine options. Also, in the first phase, the XUV300 will be offered with a manual transmission and a front wheel drive train. An automatic might follow later.
The Mahindra XUV300 has been developed by the Mahindra Research Valley in Chennai and will be manufactured in Nasik, Maharashtra. Mahindra has also confirmed that the XUV300 will have a electric version as well that is being developed as S210 and will be launched in 2020.
Also see: Mahindra XUV 300 First Drive Video
Starts Rs 7.9 Lakhs
- Review2020 Toyota Vellfire India-spec first drive review
- NewsSharad Sanghi - one of India's leading car collectors is no more
- NewsTriumph Tiger 900 GT Pro and Rally Pro first ride review
- NewsJehan Daruvala to compete in FIA Formula 2 Championship in 2020 as part of Red Bull Junior programme
- NewsMG Hector crosses 50,000 bookings in India