Mahindra XUV500 AT launched in Australia
Mahindra Automotive Australia Pty LTD has launched the automatic transmission variant of the XUV500 which will be available across it's dealerships in Australia from May, 2016 onwards. The XUV500 AT will be offered in both two-wheel drive and all-wheel drive versions.
The XUV500 is powered by the same 2.2-litre mHawk engine from the previous model which is good for 140PS and 330Nm. However, this engine comes mated to a new 6-speed automatic transmission which has been sourced from Aisin. Mahindra says that the transmission fluid doesn't need to be replaced which ensures service costs don't become a financial strain. This gearbox also does duty in the SsangYong Tivoli. For the XUV500 AT version which is sold in India, Mahindra claims a fuel efficiency of 13.85kmpl.
Speaking at the launch, Pravin Shah, president and chief executive (automotive), Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd. said, "With its winning combination of aspirational styling, advanced technology, safety features, comfort and convenience, the XUV500 has created a niche for itself and has been a game changer in the premium SUV segment. In fact it has become one of the fastest selling SUVs to reach the 150,000 vehicles sales milestone in just 4 years. At Mahindra, it is our constant endeavor to offer advanced and accessible technologies to our customers. The XUV500 already has many technology firsts to its credit and now we have further pushed the boundaries with the introduction of the AISIN Automatic Transmission in the XUV500. I am sure that the XUV500 Automatic will be an instant hit with our customers in Australia."
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X