Mahindra XUV500 AT launched in Australia
Mahindra Automotive Australia Pty LTD has launched the automatic transmission variant of the XUV500 which will be available across it's dealerships in Australia from May, 2016 onwards. The XUV500 AT will be offered in both two-wheel drive and all-wheel drive versions.
The XUV500 is powered by the same 2.2-litre mHawk engine from the previous model which is good for 140PS and 330Nm. However, this engine comes mated to a new 6-speed automatic transmission which has been sourced from Aisin. Mahindra says that the transmission fluid doesn't need to be replaced which ensures service costs don't become a financial strain. This gearbox also does duty in the SsangYong Tivoli. For the XUV500 AT version which is sold in India, Mahindra claims a fuel efficiency of 13.85kmpl.
Speaking at the launch, Pravin Shah, president and chief executive (automotive), Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd. said, "With its winning combination of aspirational styling, advanced technology, safety features, comfort and convenience, the XUV500 has created a niche for itself and has been a game changer in the premium SUV segment. In fact it has become one of the fastest selling SUVs to reach the 150,000 vehicles sales milestone in just 4 years. At Mahindra, it is our constant endeavor to offer advanced and accessible technologies to our customers. The XUV500 already has many technology firsts to its credit and now we have further pushed the boundaries with the introduction of the AISIN Automatic Transmission in the XUV500. I am sure that the XUV500 Automatic will be an instant hit with our customers in Australia."
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India
- NewsJawa Motorcycles launches the Jawa and Jawa Forty Two at Rs 1.64 lakh and Rs 1.55 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Motorcycles all-new range launched in India
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga starts arriving at dealerships ahead of launch
- NewsMahindra to launch new Treo electric three-wheeler today
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh