Mahindra XUV500: Benefits and discounts of up Rs 82,000 on the present model
The launch of 2018 Mahindra XUV500 is scheduled to take place tomorrow on April 18. 2017. Team OVERDRIVE will be at the launch venue to cover all the details of the new Mahindra XUV500. However, if you are looking to get the SUV at an attractive price, you may want to consider getting the currently selling model. Some of the Mahindra dealerships are offering a cash discount of Rs 52,000 along with benefits that includes complimentary under body coating and offers on accessories as well worth Rs 30,000, making it a total of Rs 82,000. These offers will be valid across all variants till stocks last.
We believe the offers and benefits mentioned above does make the Mahindra XUV500 an attractive buy. However, the features that one will be missing on includes a larger front grille with the updated headlight assembly with projectors and DRLs, redesigned bumper with a faux bash plate in dual-tone finish, Also, instead of the vertically positioned tail lights, the new offering comes with a triangular design. The tailgate design too has been updated. Mahindra will be introducing two new shades, the mystic copper and crimson red. Even the cabin of the upcoming model update will sport comparatively premium interiors, more apps in the touchscreen infotainment system.
The 2018 Mahindra XUV500 is believed to be comparatively more premium than the present offering
Additionally, the updated 2.2-litre powertrain will now make 155PS and generate 360Nm of torque between 1,750 to 2,800rpm. These numbers are up from 140PS/330Nm. The bump in the power and torque outputs are due to the new sixth-gen turbo with eVGT tech. The fuel efficiency figure for this motor as certified by ARAI will be 15.4kmpl. While these remain the specs for the premium variant, the lower variants will come with the 140PS version.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we bring the updates from the launch event of the 2018 Mahindra XUV500
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show