Mahindra XUV500: Benefits and discounts of up Rs 82,000 on the present model
The launch of 2018 Mahindra XUV500 is scheduled to take place tomorrow on April 18. 2017. Team OVERDRIVE will be at the launch venue to cover all the details of the new Mahindra XUV500. However, if you are looking to get the SUV at an attractive price, you may want to consider getting the currently selling model. Some of the Mahindra dealerships are offering a cash discount of Rs 52,000 along with benefits that includes complimentary under body coating and offers on accessories as well worth Rs 30,000, making it a total of Rs 82,000. These offers will be valid across all variants till stocks last.
We believe the offers and benefits mentioned above does make the Mahindra XUV500 an attractive buy. However, the features that one will be missing on includes a larger front grille with the updated headlight assembly with projectors and DRLs, redesigned bumper with a faux bash plate in dual-tone finish, Also, instead of the vertically positioned tail lights, the new offering comes with a triangular design. The tailgate design too has been updated. Mahindra will be introducing two new shades, the mystic copper and crimson red. Even the cabin of the upcoming model update will sport comparatively premium interiors, more apps in the touchscreen infotainment system.
The 2018 Mahindra XUV500 is believed to be comparatively more premium than the present offering
Additionally, the updated 2.2-litre powertrain will now make 155PS and generate 360Nm of torque between 1,750 to 2,800rpm. These numbers are up from 140PS/330Nm. The bump in the power and torque outputs are due to the new sixth-gen turbo with eVGT tech. The fuel efficiency figure for this motor as certified by ARAI will be 15.4kmpl. While these remain the specs for the premium variant, the lower variants will come with the 140PS version.
Stay tuned to OVERDRIVE as we bring the updates from the launch event of the 2018 Mahindra XUV500
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018