Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in India on April 18, 2018
After months of being spied in camouflaged state and also in undisguised versions at the dealerships, Mahindra will be launching the XUV500 facelift in India on April 18, 2018. We at OVERDRIVE have learnt this from a select dealerships in India. Though, an official update on the same from Mahindra is awaited. We did reach out to various Mahindra dealerships in the country to find out if any of them have commenced taking bookings. However, none of them have started taking bookings for the updated XUV500 SUV.
The 2018 Mahindra facelift gets a larger grille compared to the previous offering.
The spied images of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed the larger front grille with the updated headlight assembly with projectors and DRLs. The redesigned bumper will sport a faux bash plate in dual-tone finish. It is the rear profile of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift that receives substantial update. While the vertically positioned tail lights were impressive, the new offering will come with a triangular design. Also, the tailgate design has been updated. Mahindra will be introducing two new shades, the mystic copper and crimson red.
The cabin of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift will be equipped updated upholstery, tan leather seats. The materials used in the trims such as the piano back surround and faux-aluminium are also expected to be more upmarket than the previous offering. The infotainment system in the previous offering was already updated. However, this time around Mahindra will be introducing a smartwatch app as well.
The new tailights and the restyled tailgate are the major changes to the rear profile of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift
The updated 2.2-litre powertrain will now make 155PS and generate 360Nm of torque between 1,750 to 2,800rpm. This motor comes with a new sixth-gen turbo with eVGT tech. The fuel efficiency figure for this motor as certified by ARAI will be 15.4kmpl. While these remain the specs for the premium variant, the lower variants will come with the 140PS version
Spied images source: RushLane.com
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Team OD | 14 Sep 2018
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show
- NewsAprilia studying the Indian market to introduce 125cc-150cc motorcycles
- NewsVolkswagen Polo GT, Vento and Jetta recalled in India
- NewsAll Aprilia and Vespa models in India to receive ABS before 2018-end
- NewsTata Tiago hatchback records its highest ever monthly sales
- News2018 Ferrari Portofino to be launched in India on September 28