Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in India on April 18, 2018
After months of being spied in camouflaged state and also in undisguised versions at the dealerships, Mahindra will be launching the XUV500 facelift in India on April 18, 2018. We at OVERDRIVE have learnt this from a select dealerships in India. Though, an official update on the same from Mahindra is awaited. We did reach out to various Mahindra dealerships in the country to find out if any of them have commenced taking bookings. However, none of them have started taking bookings for the updated XUV500 SUV.
The 2018 Mahindra facelift gets a larger grille compared to the previous offering.
The spied images of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift revealed the larger front grille with the updated headlight assembly with projectors and DRLs. The redesigned bumper will sport a faux bash plate in dual-tone finish. It is the rear profile of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift that receives substantial update. While the vertically positioned tail lights were impressive, the new offering will come with a triangular design. Also, the tailgate design has been updated. Mahindra will be introducing two new shades, the mystic copper and crimson red.
The cabin of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift will be equipped updated upholstery, tan leather seats. The materials used in the trims such as the piano back surround and faux-aluminium are also expected to be more upmarket than the previous offering. The infotainment system in the previous offering was already updated. However, this time around Mahindra will be introducing a smartwatch app as well.
The new tailights and the restyled tailgate are the major changes to the rear profile of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift
The updated 2.2-litre powertrain will now make 155PS and generate 360Nm of torque between 1,750 to 2,800rpm. This motor comes with a new sixth-gen turbo with eVGT tech. The fuel efficiency figure for this motor as certified by ARAI will be 15.4kmpl. While these remain the specs for the premium variant, the lower variants will come with the 140PS version
Spied images source: RushLane.com
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Team OD | 17 Nov 2018
- Review2018 Mahindra Alturas G4 first drive review
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga launched in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga launched in India at Rs 7.44 lakh
- NewsYamaha collaborates with Hero Cycles and Mitsui & Co to develop e-cycles in India
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga India launch
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza production increased
- News2018 LA Auto Show: Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro to be unveiled on November 28
- Review2019 Mercedes-Benz GLE first drive review
- NewsProduction version of the Kia SP Concept spotted testing in new spy video
- NewsBajaj Pulsar Classic launched in India with two new colour options, priced at Rs 64,998