Mahindra XUV500 facelift to rival Tata Hexa in India, launches this month
Mahindra's popular offering the XUV500 will be getting a significant update, scheduled to launch by the end of this month in India. There will be a host of cosmetic additions along with an update in the features list. However, importantly, the Mahindra XUV500 facelift will retain the 2.2-litre diesel motor but with a higher power output. Mahindra dealerships across the country have already started accepting bookings for the updated XUV500 and the deliveries are expected to commence from next month.
The 2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift gets a larger grille compared to the previous offering
The spied images of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift reveal a larger front grille with the updated headlight assembly with projectors and DRLs. The redesigned bumper will sport a faux bash plate in dual-tone finish. It is the rear profile of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift that receives substantial update. While the vertically positioned tail lights were impressive, the new offering will come with a triangular design. Also, the tailgate design has been updated. Mahindra will be introducing two new shades, the mystic copper and crimson red.
The cabin of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift will be equipped updated upholstery, tan leather seats. The materials used in the trims such as the piano back surround and faux-aluminium are also expected to be more upmarket than the previous offering. The infotainment system in the previous offering was already updated. However, this time around Mahindra will be introducing a smartwatch app as well.
The new tailights and the restyled tailgate are the major changes to the rear profile of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift
The updated 2.2-litre powertrain will now make 155PS and generate 360Nm of torque between 1,750 to 2,800rpm. This motor comes with a new sixth-gen turbo with eVGT tech. The fuel efficiency figure for this motor as certified by ARAI will be 15.4kmpl. While these remain the specs for the premium variant, the lower variants will come with the 140PS version.
Image source: Rushlane
Starts Rs 12.57 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic road test review