Mahindra XUV500 facelift to rival Tata Hexa in India, launches this month
Mahindra's popular offering the XUV500 will be getting a significant update, scheduled to launch by the end of this month in India. There will be a host of cosmetic additions along with an update in the features list. However, importantly, the Mahindra XUV500 facelift will retain the 2.2-litre diesel motor but with a higher power output. Mahindra dealerships across the country have already started accepting bookings for the updated XUV500 and the deliveries are expected to commence from next month.
The 2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift gets a larger grille compared to the previous offering
The spied images of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift reveal a larger front grille with the updated headlight assembly with projectors and DRLs. The redesigned bumper will sport a faux bash plate in dual-tone finish. It is the rear profile of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift that receives substantial update. While the vertically positioned tail lights were impressive, the new offering will come with a triangular design. Also, the tailgate design has been updated. Mahindra will be introducing two new shades, the mystic copper and crimson red.
The cabin of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift will be equipped updated upholstery, tan leather seats. The materials used in the trims such as the piano back surround and faux-aluminium are also expected to be more upmarket than the previous offering. The infotainment system in the previous offering was already updated. However, this time around Mahindra will be introducing a smartwatch app as well.
The new tailights and the restyled tailgate are the major changes to the rear profile of the Mahindra XUV500 facelift
The updated 2.2-litre powertrain will now make 155PS and generate 360Nm of torque between 1,750 to 2,800rpm. This motor comes with a new sixth-gen turbo with eVGT tech. The fuel efficiency figure for this motor as certified by ARAI will be 15.4kmpl. While these remain the specs for the premium variant, the lower variants will come with the 140PS version.
Image source: Rushlane
Starts Rs 11.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018
- NewsVolvo XC40 based Geely Concept Icon unveiled at Auto China 2018
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 spied in new two-tone paint options
- News2018 Ducati Monster 821 to be launched in India on May 1, 2018