2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
Mahindra has announced that the 2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift will be launched next month. The most prominent change in this refresh will be the addition of a more powerful iteration of its current AVL-developed 2.2 litre diesel motor. This will produce around 172PS of power, up from the 140PS that the present car produces. In terms of exterior design, the new SUV will come with a reworked front bumper and grille while the headlights will receive LED daytime running lights. The rear will also receive a new bumper with new LED elements being added to the re-profiled taillights. Further, a new alloy wheel design and body cladding will also be added. Changes to the interior will include an upgraded infotainment system with Android Auto/Apple CarPlay integration, an 'Ecoscore' calculator, connected apps and an emergency calling function.
The 2018 Mahindra will gets a revised front design
This 'Ecoscore' calculator will monitor parameters like speed, gear selection, acceleration, idling duration, clutch use, and braking to urge buyers to be smoother and more efficient in their driving style. There will be updated materials in the interior with better dashboard plastics and leather.
Mahindra will add more tech and features in the 2018 XUV500
Since its launch in 2011, the XUV500 has been the flagship model of the Mahindra passenger car line up. The car was a sales success for the first few years of its life but now faces tough competition from the likes of the Tata Hexa, Hyundai Creta and Renault Captur. This segment has seen a huge spurt in growth over the course of this time with buyer preference shifting to this class of cars. This has been due to factors like the perceived ruggedness, high seating position and roomier interiors that these cars provide. With this facelift, Mahindra & Mahindra hopes to keep the XUV500 competitive as it launches its new flagship - the badge engineered latest-gen Ssangyong Rexton that was shown at the 2018 Auto Expo.
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 13.69 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.99 Lakhs
- NewsHow automotive manufacturers are helping combat the Coronavirus crisis
- NewsCoronavirus Impact: TVS extends its free services and AMC contract untill June
- NewsProject Pitlane- F1 Teams to Make Ventilators to Treat Corona Patients
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Hyundai Motors help government battle the Covid-19 virus
- NewsBSVI: What happens to BSIV stock after the Supreme Court's judgement?
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055