Mahindra XUV500 with petrol engine launched in India at Rs 15.49 lakh
Mahindra & Mahindra has finally launched a new petrol variant of the Mahindra XUV500 SUV at price of Rs 15.49 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The petrol-powered Mahindra XUV500 will be available only with a six-speed automatic transmission, which has been sourced from AISIN, Japan. This new petrol variant is called the G AT. The XUV500 petrol automatic will be available in select cities with immediate effect. Powering this new XUV500 G AT variant is a new 2.2-litre turbocharged mHawk petrol engine, which generates 140PS and 320Nm. In addition, the XUV500 petrol also features a creep function, so no accelerator input is required to move forward in slow-moving traffic. The tiptronic gearbox also allows for manual selection of gears. Petrol-engined Mahindra XUV500 variants have been on sale in international markets including the Middle East. Most recently, the XUV500 petrol was launched in Qatar, bearing the G140 badging. The XUV500 G AT also features an all-black interior, and sports a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
The infotainment system also features Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration. The XUV500 will compete with the Jeep Compass, and the Toyota Innova. The petrol engine option for the XUV500 follows Mahindra's aim to have petrol variants for each of its models starting from 2018. The company may also consider introducing a petrol variant of its more popular Scorpio SUV based on the response to the petrol XUV500. Among its other features are static bending headlamps, cruise control, ESP, ABS with WBD, rain-sensing wipers, and a eight-way adjustable driver seat.
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally
- FeaturesReady to race
- NewsMahindra becomes first Indian carmaker to drive to Everest base camp
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks