Mahindra XUV500 with petrol engine launched in India at Rs 15.49 lakh
Mahindra & Mahindra has finally launched a new petrol variant of the Mahindra XUV500 SUV at price of Rs 15.49 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The petrol-powered Mahindra XUV500 will be available only with a six-speed automatic transmission, which has been sourced from AISIN, Japan. This new petrol variant is called the G AT. The XUV500 petrol automatic will be available in select cities with immediate effect. Powering this new XUV500 G AT variant is a new 2.2-litre turbocharged mHawk petrol engine, which generates 140PS and 320Nm. In addition, the XUV500 petrol also features a creep function, so no accelerator input is required to move forward in slow-moving traffic. The tiptronic gearbox also allows for manual selection of gears. Petrol-engined Mahindra XUV500 variants have been on sale in international markets including the Middle East. Most recently, the XUV500 petrol was launched in Qatar, bearing the G140 badging. The XUV500 G AT also features an all-black interior, and sports a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
The infotainment system also features Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration. The XUV500 will compete with the Jeep Compass, and the Toyota Innova. The petrol engine option for the XUV500 follows Mahindra's aim to have petrol variants for each of its models starting from 2018. The company may also consider introducing a petrol variant of its more popular Scorpio SUV based on the response to the petrol XUV500. Among its other features are static bending headlamps, cruise control, ESP, ABS with WBD, rain-sensing wipers, and a eight-way adjustable driver seat.
Starts Rs 12.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh