Mahindra XUV500 with petrol engine spotted
The Mahindra XUV500 SUV has been spotted in its petrol engine guise at a dealership in Qatar. This comes after a dealership was also set up in Dubai. The petrol version of the Mahindra XUV500 was recently launched in Qatar. The XUV500 is sold at price of Rs 9.9 lakh to Rs 13.7 lakh there in three variants - W8 FWD, W8 AWD, and W10 AWD AT. The AWD might do well there as there are many weekend off-road users that take such vehicles to the dunes. It comes powered by a 2.2-litre turbo petrol engine. However, there are no other major changes to the Mahindra XUV500 sold in Qatar from the diesel variants sold here. The Mahindra XUV500 there features a similar all-black interior as the one in Indiaand also sports a similar 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
The W10 AWD variant does not receive electronically-adjustable driver seat as it does here. It also features a G140 logo on the fender to distinguish it from the diesel variants. The petrol XUV500 has a 2.2-litre four cyclinder engine with a wastegate turbocharger, producing 140PS / 320Nm.
This engine is called the mHawk 140, which transmits power through a five-speed manual gearbox on the W8, while the W8 AWD and W10 AWD feature a six-speed automatic tiptronic gearbox. There is no announcement as to whether this petrol version will also make it to India. The spotting comes just days after the new 2018 XUV500 was spied testing in India.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally