Mahindra XUV500 with petrol engine spotted
The Mahindra XUV500 SUV has been spotted in its petrol engine guise at a dealership in Qatar. This comes after a dealership was also set up in Dubai. The petrol version of the Mahindra XUV500 was recently launched in Qatar. The XUV500 is sold at price of Rs 9.9 lakh to Rs 13.7 lakh there in three variants - W8 FWD, W8 AWD, and W10 AWD AT. The AWD might do well there as there are many weekend off-road users that take such vehicles to the dunes. It comes powered by a 2.2-litre turbo petrol engine. However, there are no other major changes to the Mahindra XUV500 sold in Qatar from the diesel variants sold here. The Mahindra XUV500 there features a similar all-black interior as the one in India and also sports a similar 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
The W10 AWD variant does not receive electronically-adjustable driver seat as it does here. It also features a G140 logo on the fender to distinguish it from the diesel variants. The petrol XUV500 has a 2.2-litre four cyclinder engine with a wastegate turbocharger, producing 140PS / 320Nm.
This engine is called the mHawk 140, which transmits power through a five-speed manual gearbox on the W8, while the W8 AWD and W10 AWD feature a six-speed automatic tiptronic gearbox. There is no announcement as to whether this petrol version will also make it to India. The spotting comes just days after the new 2018 XUV500 was spied testing in India.
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19
- NewsProduction Toyota Supra leaked ahead of debut at 2019 Detroit Motor Show
- News2019 Kawasaki KLX140G launched in India at Rs 4.06 lakh