Mahindra XUV500 with petrol engine spotted
The Mahindra XUV500 SUV has been spotted in its petrol engine guise at a dealership in Qatar. This comes after a dealership was also set up in Dubai. The petrol version of the Mahindra XUV500 was recently launched in Qatar. The XUV500 is sold at price of Rs 9.9 lakh to Rs 13.7 lakh there in three variants - W8 FWD, W8 AWD, and W10 AWD AT. The AWD might do well there as there are many weekend off-road users that take such vehicles to the dunes. It comes powered by a 2.2-litre turbo petrol engine. However, there are no other major changes to the Mahindra XUV500 sold in Qatar from the diesel variants sold here. The Mahindra XUV500 there features a similar all-black interior as the one in India and also sports a similar 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
The W10 AWD variant does not receive electronically-adjustable driver seat as it does here. It also features a G140 logo on the fender to distinguish it from the diesel variants. The petrol XUV500 has a 2.2-litre four cyclinder engine with a wastegate turbocharger, producing 140PS / 320Nm.
This engine is called the mHawk 140, which transmits power through a five-speed manual gearbox on the W8, while the W8 AWD and W10 AWD feature a six-speed automatic tiptronic gearbox. There is no announcement as to whether this petrol version will also make it to India. The spotting comes just days after the new 2018 XUV500 was spied testing in India.
Starts Rs 12.72 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip