Mahindra Y400 (XUV700) flagship SUV to be launched in India on November 19
Mahindra today announced that it will launch its flagship SUV, the Y400, also popularly thought to be called the XUV700, on November 19. The Y400 will be the new flagship SUV of the Mahindra brand and is a badge-engineered version of the Ssangyong G4 Rexton sold internationally.
The Y400 has been spotted testing on numerous occasions. This vehicle has been spotted undergoing such testing earlier as well, but Mahindra seems to have completed giving finishing touches to the India-spec SUV, ahead of its launch next month. Mahindra had first showcased the SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo. The XUV700 will go up against the likes of SUVs including the Toyota Fortuner and Ford Endeavour but could be priced comparatively lower.
In terms of features, the all-new Mahindra SUV will come equipped with HID lights, electric sunroof, dual-zone climate control, ventilated seats, 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, 9 airbags and electric parking brake.
The company states that this SUV will come with a 2.2-litre diesel motor that makes 178PS of power and generates 420Nm of torque. This motor is mated to a 7-speed Mercedes-Benz automatic transmission that will send power to all four wheels. A 6-speed manual is available internationally as well but is unlikely to be sold here.
The new Y400 will be a better styled, more mature, and more dynamically competent car as compared to its predecessor and given the Mahindra badging this time around, should garner better sales as well. This will be the next major launch for Mahindra after the XUV500 facelift and the Mahindra Marazzo MPV.
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000
- NewsTVS Apache RR 310, NTorq 125 and Apache RTR 160 4V launched in Peru
- NewsNissan India to increase prices across its range from January 1, 2019
- NewsNew for 2020 Volkswagen Passat teased for North America
- Review2018 Hyundai Santro AMT road test review
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers