Mahindras Defence Land Systems offers bulletproof kit for Scorpio in India
A bulletproof vehicle kit is being sold by Defence Land Systems, which is part of the Mahindra Group, exclusively for the Scorpio model.
Mahindra bulletproof Scorpio Executive kit
The kit can be bought on snapdeal.com and comes in three variants Executive, Premium and VVIP. The total cost is Rs 12.67lakh, Rs 16.07lakh and Rs 18.33lakh for the Executive, Premium and VVIP kits respectively. All the kits can be ordered with a partial booking amount of Rs 75,000 with the remaining cost being payable before the beginning of kit installation.
Mahindra Premium kit
The vehicle will protect the occupants from shots fired from a 9mm pistol. The features for the Executive kit include bullet proof glass with the same look and feel of the original one, bullet proof body panels, fire-proof fuel tank made from fire suppressant material and a real time vehicle tracking device. The Premium trim gets additional run flat tyres and the VVIP version gets an added blast proof carpet for protection from blasts caused by hand grenades and bullet proof glass with power windows along with run flat tyres.
Mahindra Scorpio VVIP kit
The engine remains the same and will not receive any special treatment.
This package comes with two years warranty and free one year insurance for the bullet proof materials. Six services are also given free of cost to the customers. The kit also comes with a user manual and two hours of user training to familiarize them with the systems and what to do in case of an attack.
The kit will be installed at the company's workshop in Faridabad which employs 100 people. Defence Land Systems has previously manufactured armored vehicles such as Rakshak, Axe and Marksman apart from Rapid Intervention Vehicles.
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2019
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza achieves 4 lakh cumulative sales
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Benelli Imperiale 400 cruiser to be launched in India
- NewsWRC 2019: Ott Tanak wins Rally Sweden
- NewsSpec Comparo: Benelli TRK 502X vs Kawasaki Versys X 300 vs SWM SuperDual T
- News2019 Bajaj Avenger Cruise 220 ABS spied, priced Rs 1.26 lakh on-road Mumbai
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani