Mahindras Defence Land Systems offers bulletproof kit for Scorpio in India
A bulletproof vehicle kit is being sold by Defence Land Systems, which is part of the Mahindra Group, exclusively for the Scorpio model.
Mahindra bulletproof Scorpio Executive kit
The kit can be bought on snapdeal.com and comes in three variants Executive, Premium and VVIP. The total cost is Rs 12.67lakh, Rs 16.07lakh and Rs 18.33lakh for the Executive, Premium and VVIP kits respectively. All the kits can be ordered with a partial booking amount of Rs 75,000 with the remaining cost being payable before the beginning of kit installation.
Mahindra Premium kit
The vehicle will protect the occupants from shots fired from a 9mm pistol. The features for the Executive kit include bullet proof glass with the same look and feel of the original one, bullet proof body panels, fire-proof fuel tank made from fire suppressant material and a real time vehicle tracking device. The Premium trim gets additional run flat tyres and the VVIP version gets an added blast proof carpet for protection from blasts caused by hand grenades and bullet proof glass with power windows along with run flat tyres.
Mahindra Scorpio VVIP kit
The engine remains the same and will not receive any special treatment.
This package comes with two years warranty and free one year insurance for the bullet proof materials. Six services are also given free of cost to the customers. The kit also comes with a user manual and two hours of user training to familiarize them with the systems and what to do in case of an attack.
The kit will be installed at the company's workshop in Faridabad which employs 100 people. Defence Land Systems has previously manufactured armored vehicles such as Rakshak, Axe and Marksman apart from Rapid Intervention Vehicles.
Starts Rs 10.05 Lakhs
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh