Mahindras Defence Land Systems offers bulletproof kit for Scorpio in India
A bulletproof vehicle kit is being sold by Defence Land Systems, which is part of the Mahindra Group, exclusively for the Scorpio model.
Mahindra bulletproof Scorpio Executive kit
The kit can be bought on snapdeal.com and comes in three variants Executive, Premium and VVIP. The total cost is Rs 12.67lakh, Rs 16.07lakh and Rs 18.33lakh for the Executive, Premium and VVIP kits respectively. All the kits can be ordered with a partial booking amount of Rs 75,000 with the remaining cost being payable before the beginning of kit installation.
Mahindra Premium kit
The vehicle will protect the occupants from shots fired from a 9mm pistol. The features for the Executive kit include bullet proof glass with the same look and feel of the original one, bullet proof body panels, fire-proof fuel tank made from fire suppressant material and a real time vehicle tracking device. The Premium trim gets additional run flat tyres and the VVIP version gets an added blast proof carpet for protection from blasts caused by hand grenades and bullet proof glass with power windows along with run flat tyres.
Mahindra Scorpio VVIP kit
The engine remains the same and will not receive any special treatment.
This package comes with two years warranty and free one year insurance for the bullet proof materials. Six services are also given free of cost to the customers. The kit also comes with a user manual and two hours of user training to familiarize them with the systems and what to do in case of an attack.
The kit will be installed at the company's workshop in Faridabad which employs 100 people. Defence Land Systems has previously manufactured armored vehicles such as Rakshak, Axe and Marksman apart from Rapid Intervention Vehicles.
Starts Rs 10.05 Lakhs
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally