Marc Marquez reveals backflip was a fake
On December 28, 2015 Marc Marquez released a video of himself doing a perfectly executed backflip on a dirtbike. Fans and haters equally were awed. Is there nothing the young riding genius can't do? However, a few days later Marquez revealed that the video was actually a fake, a prank set up to celebrate 'Dia de Los Santos Inocentes', or the Day of the Holy Innocents, a Spanish version of April fool's day.
The ruse was very carefully carried out. Marc who was riding a four stroke-motorcross bike jumped off the ramp at the side while freestyle motocross rider Dany Torres on a two stroke motocross bike was the one who actually made the jump. The original video was so well made that its almost impossible to catch it. If you squint hard enough, you'll see the larger expansion chamber on the two stroke bike in the air.
Full credit goes to Marquez's acting skills, he really sold the emotion of managing the feat in the original video. Next time you see him smile graciously at the camera and say he's happy with second spot, you'll know better!
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh