Maruti Celerio CNG launched in India at Rs 4.92 lakh
Maruti has launched the CNG variant of the Celerio in India at Rs 4.92 lakh ex-Mumbai. The new variant is called Maruti Celerio Green and is available only in Vxi trim. It comes with the same 1.0 litre KNext engine which produces 68PS in petrol mode and 10PS less in CNG. Maruti has paired it with the 5-speed manual instead of the AMT. The Celerio Green uses Maruti's advanced i-GPI system previously seen on the Wagon R and Ertiga models. In dual mode, i-GPI squirts the gas directly into the engine's combustion chamber. Maruti claims the Celerio Green's mileage to be 31.79 km/kg which is much more than the petrol variant's 23.1kmpl.
The suspension system has undergone substantial tweaking, to be able to counter the added weight of the CNG cylinder. There are also rumours of a LPG variant on the anvil, however, Maruti hasn't confirmed anything as of yet.
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show