Maruti Celerio gets 14,000 bookings in less than 20 days
Maruti has received an unprecedented demand for the Celerio, especially for the AMT variant. The company claims that it receives around 1000 bookings a day for the Celerio. Out of these bookings, majority of the customers opt for the AMT. Out of the five trims that the Celerio was launched in, two are AMT and three are manual. The AMT removes the stress of having to deal with a clutch in stop-go traffic and at the same time also is as fuel efficient as the manual (23.1kmpl). Traditional automatic boxes always have added to the cost and delivered less fuel economy. The Celerio AMT is priced Rs 40,000 above the manual variant. Maruti says that from the Auto Expo until now, they have received more than 14,000 bookings. After the recently announced excise duty cuts, this car has become even more enticing to customers.
The Celerio was unveiled at the Expo
The Celerio manual starts from Rs 3.76lakh and the automatic transmission version has prices starting from Rs 4.14lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The Celerio AMT is the most affordable automatic car offered in India.
Maruti Celerio AMT
The aggressive pricing and affordability has won many customers but the surge in demand for the automatic has taken the manufacturer by surprise and it is struggling to cope with the demand. The company has stated that there will be a waiting period for the AMT as its parts are imported and not manufactured here.
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
- NewsTata H5X SUV and 45X hatchback launch timelines revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG G63 6x6 inspires the BAIC BJ80 6x6 in China, showcased at Auto China 2018
- NewsFord to stop selling Fiesta, Fusion, and Taurus sedans in North America
- NewsMahindra-owned Pininfarina and Hybrid Kinetic Group unveil K350 all-electric SUV concept at Auto China 2018
- NewsAuto China 2018: Mercedes-Benz C-Class L shown
- FeaturesImage gallery: Shaken and Stirred May 2018
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3