Maruti Celerio to come with automated manual transmission in India
Maruti-Suzuki is all set to introduce an automated manual transmission (AMT) in India in the all-new Celerio, which is scheduled for a global unveil at the Auto Expo 2014.
AMT is a revolutionary technology that allows gears in a manual transmission to be changed like in an automatic without engaging the clutch. This combines the convenience of an automatic to the fuel efficiency of a manual. The most significant bit, however, is that the technology is relatively affordable and should not increase the price of the car significantly.
The Maruti Celerio caught during a promotional photo shoot
The Celerio will be launched with a 69PS 1.0-litre K10 petrol engine mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The aforementioned technology may also be available right from launch. It is also expected that Maruti will power the Celerio with a 2-cylinder 800cc diesel engine developed in-house. Whether it will be available right from launch or not is still unclear.
Suzuki A: Wind Concept on which the Celerio is based on
The details of the AMT technology to be introduced by Maruti are sketchy as of now. However we will be driving the Celerio soon so you can look out for a more detailed analysis of the system.
Celerio image from Motoroids
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far