Maruti Celerio to come with automated manual transmission in India
Maruti-Suzuki is all set to introduce an automated manual transmission (AMT) in India in the all-new Celerio, which is scheduled for a global unveil at the Auto Expo 2014.
AMT is a revolutionary technology that allows gears in a manual transmission to be changed like in an automatic without engaging the clutch. This combines the convenience of an automatic to the fuel efficiency of a manual. The most significant bit, however, is that the technology is relatively affordable and should not increase the price of the car significantly.
The Maruti Celerio caught during a promotional photo shoot
The Celerio will be launched with a 69PS 1.0-litre K10 petrol engine mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The aforementioned technology may also be available right from launch. It is also expected that Maruti will power the Celerio with a 2-cylinder 800cc diesel engine developed in-house. Whether it will be available right from launch or not is still unclear.
Suzuki A: Wind Concept on which the Celerio is based on
The details of the AMT technology to be introduced by Maruti are sketchy as of now. However we will be driving the Celerio soon so you can look out for a more detailed analysis of the system.
Celerio image from Motoroids
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh