Maruti Ciaz bookings open in some states in India
Maruti's much awaited all-new sedan, the Ciaz will be hitting Indian roads by mid-October. But certain dealerships across the country have already started taking bookings. A dealer we spoke to confirmed that Maruti is registering orders for the car at Rs 10,000. Timeline for the deliveries, although, have not been spelt out.
Official bookings will commence from September 3 throughout the 1,370 authorised sales outlets in India. The Ciaz is meant to replace the SX4 in the C-segment but is longer and wider than the latter. In fact, it is even bigger than its prime competitors, the Honda City and Hyundai Verna.
The Maruti Ciaz has two engine options, a 1.4-litre 92PS petrol and a 1.3-litre 90PS diesel. Both the engines have been in use in the Ertiga MPV. A 5-speed manual transmission is standard for both the engines, however, only the petrol gets a 4-speed auto as an option. Maruti claims 20.73kmpl fuel efficiency for the petrol and 26.2kmpl for the diesel. ABS will come only in the range topping ZXi+ and ZDi+ variants and there will be two airbags as well. The kerb weight of the diesel is only 1,105kg while that of the petrol is 1,010kg. There are seven colours on offer as well.
We're expecting Maruti to retail the Ciaz from around Rs 7.5 lakh, undercutting the new Honda City by a handsome margin.
More from OVERDRIVE on the Maruti Ciaz:-
Starts Rs 10.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.2 Lakhs
- NewsThree lakh units production milestone achieved for the Tata Tiago
- NewsDucati Scrambler 1100 Pro BSVI launched in India, prices start from Rs. 11.95 lakh
- NewsTata Altroz diesel now more affordable with Rs 40,000 price cut
- NewsVolkswagen's first electric SUV, the ID.4, will include 3-years of free fast charging in the US
- NewsFord Endeavour Sport launched in India, prices start from Rs 35.10 lakh