Maruti Ciaz to be launched in India today
The new Ciaz will be launched in India today. The Ciaz is Maruti's roomier replacement for the SX4 and is the same concept that was showcased at the Auto Expo 2014. The face of the car reminds one of a typical Suzuki, though it looks longer than the SX4. The cabin is reminiscent of the Swift's but in a premium package. Rear seat comfort offered is at par with bigger cars.
There will be six variants of the Maruti Ciaz with the top end offering push button start and electric folding mirrors while projector headlamps and rear AC vents will come as standard. The Ciaz is offered with two engine options - a 1.4l K-Series 92PS petrol and the familiar 90PS 1.3-litre Multijet diesel, with five-speed manual transmissions. The petrol engine is claimed to deliver a fuel efficiency of 20.73kmpl while the diesel is claimed to boast a class leading 26.21kmpl.
Expect the Ciaz to be priced higher than that of the outgoing SX4.
- NewsAudi Sport unveils the updated Audi R8 for 2019
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- FeaturesMG Motor India: What we'd like to see in their first SUV
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video