Maruti readying a Swift-based sedan for India
Maruti-Suzuki is developing a sedan based on the 2016 Swift. But while the current Swift platform has spawned a sub-four metre sedan, the car based on the 2016 Swift will be a more premium offering. This sedan is expected to slot in between the current Dzire and the Ciaz sedan. And while the current Dzire is an India-specific model, the booted version of the 2016 Swift is likely to be a global model. The car will be powered by the same set of engines as the hatchback range of 2016 Swift, with an added automatic transmission option too.
Image of the current Swift Dzire used as a reference
This will serve as a replacement for the SX4. This sedan is expected to be manufactured in India and exported as well. More details on the new car coming up here, in a couple of days.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- NewsSeltos tops SUV sales again in March 2020, Kia holds on to third in overall sales
- NewsBMW R 18 debuts with R 5 inspired styling and a big boxer-twin
- News24 Hours of Le Mans 2020 scheduled for September 19
- NewsMaruti Suzuki all set to launch the 2020 S-cross next month
- NewsHow Sebastien Loeb is keeping busy during the time of social isolation
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055