Maruti S-Cross range in India now starts at Rs 7.99 lakh
Usually, car manufacturers increase prices of all their models in the month of January. In an official statement all car makers attribute the price hike to rising input costs. This time around, Maruti Suzuki too announced a price hike ranging from Rs 1,000 to Rs 4,000 on all models. However, Maruti Suzuki has also slashed prices of all S-Cross variants. The DDiS 200 variant is now priced from Rs 7.79-10.29 lakh while the DDiS 320 variant is priced from Rs 9.94-11.69 lakh.
The Maruti S-Cross is offered to buyers with two diesel engine options a 1.3-litre mill and a bigger, more powerful 1.6-litre unit. Maruti's crossover competes against the likes of the Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano and the Hyundai Creta. Launched in August last year, the S-Cross has been clocking sales of around 3,000 units per month.
The Nexa dealers across different cities that we spoke to agreed that the S-Cross hasn't achieved as much success on the sales front that Maruti expected it to. The dealers claim that the steep pricing of the S-Cross, especially of the 1.6-litre DDiS 320 variant was putting buyers off. Most S-Cross buyers were opting to go for the 1.3 litre DDiS 200 variant or to rival showrooms.
In fact, just two months after the launch of the Maruti S-Cross, Nexa dealers were offering benefits worth Rs 40,000 and Rs 90,000 on the DDiS 200 and DDiS 320 variants respectively.
In a bid to attract more buyers, Maruti has slashed prices of the entire S-Cross range. The price of the DDiS 200 range has been reduced by around Rs 40-66,000. The DDiS 320 variants are now cheaper by Rs 2.05 lakh. A source says that Maruti had also stopped production of the 1.6-litre engined S-Cross to clear existing stocks.
Check the old and new Maruti Suzuki S-Cross prices in India
Imported from Manual Input
|Maruti S-Cross variant||Old prices|
|DDiS 200 Sigma||Rs 8.34 lakh|
|DDiS 200 Delta||Rs 9.15 lakh|
|DDiS 200 Zeta||Rs 9.99 lakh|
|DDiS 200 Alpha||Rs 10.75 lakh|
|DDiS 320 Delta||Rs 11.99 lakh|
|DDiS 320 Zeta||Rs 12.99 lakh|
|DDiS 320 Alpha||Rs 13.74 lakh|
|Maruti S-Cross variant||New prices|
|DDiS 200 Sigma||Rs 7.79 lakh|
|DDiS 200 Delta||Rs 8.49 lakh|
|DDiS 200 Zeta||Rs 9.59 lakh|
|DDiS 200 Alpha||Rs 10.29 lakh|
|DDiS 320 Delta||Rs 9.94 lakh|
|DDiS 320 Zeta||Rs 10.94 lakh|
|DDiS 320 Alpha||Rs 11.69 lakh|
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018