Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift spotted in India
India's largest carmaker, Maruti Suzuki, will launch the Alto 800 facelift by the end of this month. Launched in 2012 as a successor of the iconic Maruti 800, this is the first time that the Alto 800 get an update. As seen from the images, the Alto 800 facelift has been spotted at a dealer stock yard.
The Alto 800 facelift gets a minor update on the front profile. It gets revised turn indicators and a compact front grille with a horizontal slit. The front bumper design has been tweaked with a larger hexagonal air dam and new circular fog lamp housing which was missing in the previous model. The changes in the cabin aren't visible in the images but also expected to get a mild revision.
Powering this entry-level hatch is a 796cc petrol motor that puts out 47PS and 69Nm of torque. Mated to this engine is a 5-speed manual transmission. The Alto 800 facelift will not get an update in terms of its mechanicals.
Presently, the Alto 800 is priced between Rs 2.81 lakh - 4.09 lakh (ex-Mumbai). The Alto 800 facelift will compete with the likes of Hyundai Eon, Tata Nano and the Renault Kwid. TheAlto 800 facelift will also rival the upcoming Datsun redi-GO which is expected to launch in the first week of June.
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq GT coupe-SUV unveiled for China
- News2019 BMW X7 SUV unveiled internationally