Maruti Suzuki Alto 800 facelift to be launched in India on May 18, 2016
Maruti Suzuki will be launching the Alto 800 facelift in India on May 18, 2016. The car is expected to be available in the same trims as the current car.
The first thing you notice is the new turn indicators, revised grille, fog lamp enclosures and larger air dam. The wheel caps too have been revised, while the tail lamps have been slightly revised. There are no changes to the interior. Though safety will have a priority, given that all of Maruti's vehicles have in the recent past received an option for airbags right from the base variant.
There are no mechanical changes, which means the 47PS/69Nm 796cc engine and the 5-speed manual transmission will continue to soldier on. It though is likely that the company may have eked out a higher fuel economy from this petrol mill.
Expect prices of the new Maruti Alto 800 to be slightly more than the outgoing car. In the same vein, expect heavy discounts for the old model too.
Image source: Gaadiwaadi.com
Starts Rs 2.51 Lakhs
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh