Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback discontinued
Maruti Suzuki seems to have discontinued the Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 hatchback in India with the implementation of BSVI regulations.
The Alto K10 was available with a 1.0-litre K10B engine that made 68PS and 90Nm and could be had with a five speed manual or AMT. A CNG version was also available. The updated BSVI compliant version of this engine hasn't been made available here, possibly to allow the S-Presso to sit in its own unique space in the Maruti Suzuki Arena line-up.
The Alto K10 was launched as a more upmarket alternative to the standard Alto in 2010, the main difference being the more powerful motor, different styling and a few more features. It was heavily revised in 2014, a couple of years after the standard Alto received a substantial upgrade. The big change was the addition of the AMT gearbox and updated styling and interiors. Finally in 2019, the K10 received numerous safety updates.
In BSVI guise, the Alto is now only available with a single 796cc three-cylinder motor that makes 48PS and 69 Nm. Prices start at Rs 2.99 lakh and go up to Rs 3.58 lakh.
Other models that have been discontinued by Maruti Suzuki due to the change in emission norms are the Baleno RS, and its entire diesel line-up. The S-Cross is currently not on sale but will be reintroduced with the K15B petrol mild-hybrid, similar to what has been done with the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza SUV.
Starts Rs 7.34 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block