Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 powers fifth Mumbai Comic Con
The Comic Con might not be as relevant to the common man as it would be to hardcore comic book, movie and science fiction fans. Maruti Suzuki Alto K10, the title sponsor of Mumbai Film and Comic-Con powered the fifth installment of the famous convention which saw a great number of participation of fans, artists as well as famous brands.
The indigenisation of the famous international comic convention was done to make a practical platform for Indian fans and the creators to interact with each other and international ones too. The other reason for the inception of Comic Con India was to encourage upcoming talent in the pop culture scene in India. The fifth installment of the Mumbai Comic Con took place at Bombay Exhibition Centre, Goregaon with a total participation of 150 participants ranging from artists, channels, brands to graphic illustrators and writers.
It was special for all fiction and comic book enthusiasts as they got an opportunity to experience and interact with their favourite characters in the form of cosplayers enacting roles of Darth Vader, Joker and Immortan Joe. There was a dedicated section for the upcoming movie Star Wars: The Force Awakens which had a special arcade style battle pod, wherein participants could recreate battles from the original trilogy.
The 5th Mumbai Comic Con also witnessed actor Sylvester McCoy, known for his role in Peter Jackson's The Hobbit; Rob Denbleyker, author of Cyanide & Happiness and Joe Harris, writer of horror film Darkness Falls. Fans could also do a Skype chat with Kevin Eastman, the legendary co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Maruti Suzuki had displayed customised versions of the Alto K10. There were manga-inspired graphic decals wrapped all over the exteriors. These models were made especially for the Mumbai Comic Con and won't be available for sale. The Alto K10 comes with a 998cc motor that makes 68PS of power and 90Nm of torque. It comes with an optional AMT automated manual transmission variant. The Alto K10 competes with Renault Kwid, Hyundai Eon and Datsun Go.
Starts Rs 3.3 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000