Maruti Suzuki Alto with BSVI engine spotted on test in India
A test mule of the Maruti Suzuki Alto was spotted on test in India. An entry-level hatchback, the Alto 800 recently received a facelift and a BSVI compliant engine. This time around, we believe that the hatchback is equipped with a 1.0-litre engine from the Alto K10 and the company is refining the K10B engine to meet the BSVI norms that will be regulated from March 2020.
Also, the Future-S concept showcased by Maruti Suzuki at the 2018 Delhi Auto Expo is expected to be positioned above the Alto K10 and could be a Celerio replacement. That said, the Future-S concept could source its power from Maruti Suzuki's K10B engine. Expect the Future-S concept to come to its production form by late 2019 and the small SUV based on the Future-S concept could debut in India by the first quarter of 2020.
The test mule of the Maruti Suzuki Alto did not sport any other cosmetic change which hints at manufacturers' plans to only make the car compliant to the emission norms for the time being.
The mechanically updated Alto could be launched in the country by the festive season and could ask a premium of Rs 10,000-15,000 over the current Alto K10 which retails between Rs 4.41 lakh and 5.30 lakh.
Image credit - Archit
Starts Rs 2.94 Lakhs
- News2020 Hyundai Grand i10 Nios Turbo launched in India, prices start at Rs 7.68 lakh
- News2020 Honda Africa Twin to be launched on March 5 in India
- NewsBMW X5M and X6M performance SUVs to launch in India by September 2020
- ReviewBSVI KTM 390 Duke first ride review
- News2020 Toyota Vellfire MPV launched in India at Rs 79.5 lakh ex-showroom
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055